US: Iconix hails strong start with Q1 profit surge
- Q1 adjusted net income up 25% to US$33.7m
- Q1 revenue up 29% to $92.4m
- Increases FY sales and earnings guidance
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits.
Neil Cole, chairman and CEO of the US consumer goods company, said 2011 was “off to a strong start”, with the company outperforming its expected revenue and earnings figures during the quarter.
“Our outperformance was driven by strength across our portfolio of brands, most notably our direct-to-retail brands, which continue to gain shelf space.
“We are making progress internationally and are particularly excited about the opportunity in China as our partners open hundreds of stores for our brands.”
Iconix is now targeting full-year revenues of $355-365m, raising its full-year guidance for diluted earnings per share to $1.63-1.68.
Click here to view the company's results in full.
Rocawear, the $800m US Street brand formed by rapper Jay Z, is the first label being relaunched by the European licensing unit set up by Iconix Brands to spearhead its expansion into the continent....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which licenses fashion and footwear labels like Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has booked a 69% jump in second quarter profit, and says it is taking full ownership ...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Myanmar garment sector experiencing rapid growth
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- YKK “Eco-Dye” aims to cut zipper water waste
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead