US: Iconix hails strong start with Q1 profit surge
- Q1 adjusted net income up 25% to US$33.7m
- Q1 revenue up 29% to $92.4m
- Increases FY sales and earnings guidance
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits.
Neil Cole, chairman and CEO of the US consumer goods company, said 2011 was “off to a strong start”, with the company outperforming its expected revenue and earnings figures during the quarter.
“Our outperformance was driven by strength across our portfolio of brands, most notably our direct-to-retail brands, which continue to gain shelf space.
“We are making progress internationally and are particularly excited about the opportunity in China as our partners open hundreds of stores for our brands.”
Iconix is now targeting full-year revenues of $355-365m, raising its full-year guidance for diluted earnings per share to $1.63-1.68.
Click here to view the company's results in full.
Rocawear, the $800m US Street brand formed by rapper Jay Z, is the first label being relaunched by the European licensing unit set up by Iconix Brands to spearhead its expansion into the continent....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which licenses fashion and footwear labels like Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has booked a 69% jump in second quarter profit, and says it is taking full ownership ...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Supply chain focus for Puma sustainability targets
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis