US: Iconix hails strong start with Q1 profit surge
- Q1 adjusted net income up 25% to US$33.7m
- Q1 revenue up 29% to $92.4m
- Increases FY sales and earnings guidance
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits.
Neil Cole, chairman and CEO of the US consumer goods company, said 2011 was “off to a strong start”, with the company outperforming its expected revenue and earnings figures during the quarter.
“Our outperformance was driven by strength across our portfolio of brands, most notably our direct-to-retail brands, which continue to gain shelf space.
“We are making progress internationally and are particularly excited about the opportunity in China as our partners open hundreds of stores for our brands.”
Iconix is now targeting full-year revenues of $355-365m, raising its full-year guidance for diluted earnings per share to $1.63-1.68.
Click here to view the company's results in full.
Rocawear, the $800m US Street brand formed by rapper Jay Z, is the first label being relaunched by the European licensing unit set up by Iconix Brands to spearhead its expansion into the continent....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which licenses fashion and footwear labels like Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has booked a 69% jump in second quarter profit, and says it is taking full ownership ...
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Who has pledged to ban the use of angora?
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024