US: Iconix hails strong start with Q1 profit surge
- Q1 adjusted net income up 25% to US$33.7m
- Q1 revenue up 29% to $92.4m
- Increases FY sales and earnings guidance
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits.
Neil Cole, chairman and CEO of the US consumer goods company, said 2011 was “off to a strong start”, with the company outperforming its expected revenue and earnings figures during the quarter.
“Our outperformance was driven by strength across our portfolio of brands, most notably our direct-to-retail brands, which continue to gain shelf space.
“We are making progress internationally and are particularly excited about the opportunity in China as our partners open hundreds of stores for our brands.”
Iconix is now targeting full-year revenues of $355-365m, raising its full-year guidance for diluted earnings per share to $1.63-1.68.
Click here to view the company's results in full.
Rocawear, the $800m US Street brand formed by rapper Jay Z, is the first label being relaunched by the European licensing unit set up by Iconix Brands to spearhead its expansion into the continent....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which licenses fashion and footwear labels like Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has booked a 69% jump in second quarter profit, and says it is taking full ownership ...
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- TPP trade deal remains elusive but tantalising
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019