US: Iconix lowers full-year forecast as Q1 profits fall
- Net profit declined 11.3% to $27.5m
- Revenue fell 4.2% to $92.3m
Iconix Brand Group has lowered its full-year forecast after recording a decline in first-quarter net income due to "continued softness" in its men's wear brands, and a delay in government approval for its joint venture in India.
The company has revised its revenue forecast for the full year to US$340-350m, down from $370-385m. Diluted EPS is now seen be in the range of $1.48-1.57, dropping from $1.62-1.69.
Had the joint venture been approved in the first-quarter, as expected, it would have contributed US$5-6m in revenue, Iconix said. But it emphasised this is purely a timing issue, and expects the deal to close in the second quarter.
The comments came as the company, which owns brands including Candie's, Danskin, Ecko and Waverly, reported an 11.3% drop in net profit to US$27.5m. Revenue declined 4.2% to $92.3m in the three months to 31 March.
"With the majority of our portfolio performing well in the US and our continued expansion into new geographies, we believe our company remains strong and is well positioned for growth in 2013 and beyond," said chairman and CEO Neil Cole.
"Although we see some challenges in the short term, we remain positive on the long-term."
Iconix Brand Group posted a 28.7% decline in seond-quarter net profit today (25 July), despite seeing sales rise....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020