US: Iconix posts 23% jump in Q4 profit
Iconix Brand Group reported a surge in full-year net income on the back of rising sales.
The company said profit for the year ended 31 December increased 28% to $126.1m. Revenue rose 11% to $369.8m.
Over the fourth-quarter, net income was up 23% to $27.2m as sales increased 9% to $95.5m.
"We are pleased to report that 2011 was another record year for our company," said chairman and CEO Neil Cole. "We continued to successfully execute our growth strategy through organic initiatives and acquisitions and look forward to continuing to build global businesses for our diverse portfolio of iconic brands.
"We see international expansion as the next big phase of growth for our Company and through our partnerships in China, Latin America, Europe and our newly announced joint venture in India we are well positioned to maximise the value of our brands around the world.
"In 2012, we remain committed to creating shareholder value by executing our growth initiatives and will continue to evaluate share repurchases as an additional way to deliver value."
Iconix Brand Group posted a 28.7% decline in seond-quarter net profit today (25 July), despite seeing sales rise....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report