US: Iconix posts 23% jump in Q4 profit
Iconix Brand Group reported a surge in full-year net income on the back of rising sales.
The company said profit for the year ended 31 December increased 28% to $126.1m. Revenue rose 11% to $369.8m.
Over the fourth-quarter, net income was up 23% to $27.2m as sales increased 9% to $95.5m.
"We are pleased to report that 2011 was another record year for our company," said chairman and CEO Neil Cole. "We continued to successfully execute our growth strategy through organic initiatives and acquisitions and look forward to continuing to build global businesses for our diverse portfolio of iconic brands.
"We see international expansion as the next big phase of growth for our Company and through our partnerships in China, Latin America, Europe and our newly announced joint venture in India we are well positioned to maximise the value of our brands around the world.
"In 2012, we remain committed to creating shareholder value by executing our growth initiatives and will continue to evaluate share repurchases as an additional way to deliver value."
Iconix Brand Group posted a 28.7% decline in seond-quarter net profit today (25 July), despite seeing sales rise....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam