US: Iconix Q3 profit rises despite falling sales
- Q3 profit up 2% to $31.6m
- Sales fell 6.6% to $86.6m
- CEO remains focused on international expansion
Iconix Brand Group, which licenses fashion and footwear labels like Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has today (1 November) booked an increase in third-quarter net profit despite a fall in sales.
Net income edged up 2% to US$31.6m during the quarter ended 30 September. However, revenue slipped 6.6% to $86.6m, while operating income declined 9% to $53.6m.
CEO and chairman Neil Cole said Iconix remains focused on international expansion, which it expects to grow to become 40% of its business. It follows the company's announcement last month to acquire UK football brand Umbro from Nike for US$225m.
"In addition, we have a strong acquisition pipeline and continue to evaluate a number of opportunities that could be actionable in the near-term," said Cole.
"With 29 brands in our portfolio, inclusive of Umbro, that represent over $13bn in annual retail sales, we believe our company is stronger than ever and we look forward to continuing to grow our business and deliver value to our shareholders."
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 28% increase in first-quarter net profit....
European denim brand Lee Cooper has been sold to Iconix Brand Group in a $72m deal that will help the New York based firm grow its international presence....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has raised its full-year profit and sales guidance after buying European denim brand Lee Cooper....
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has signed a licensing agreement with Iconix Lifestyle India for fashion label Ed Hardy. ...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020