US: Iconix Q3 profit rises despite falling sales
- Q3 profit up 2% to $31.6m
- Sales fell 6.6% to $86.6m
- CEO remains focused on international expansion
Iconix Brand Group, which licenses fashion and footwear labels like Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has today (1 November) booked an increase in third-quarter net profit despite a fall in sales.
Net income edged up 2% to US$31.6m during the quarter ended 30 September. However, revenue slipped 6.6% to $86.6m, while operating income declined 9% to $53.6m.
CEO and chairman Neil Cole said Iconix remains focused on international expansion, which it expects to grow to become 40% of its business. It follows the company's announcement last month to acquire UK football brand Umbro from Nike for US$225m.
"In addition, we have a strong acquisition pipeline and continue to evaluate a number of opportunities that could be actionable in the near-term," said Cole.
"With 29 brands in our portfolio, inclusive of Umbro, that represent over $13bn in annual retail sales, we believe our company is stronger than ever and we look forward to continuing to grow our business and deliver value to our shareholders."
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 28% increase in first-quarter net profit....
European denim brand Lee Cooper has been sold to Iconix Brand Group in a $72m deal that will help the New York based firm grow its international presence....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has raised its full-year profit and sales guidance after buying European denim brand Lee Cooper....
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has signed a licensing agreement with Iconix Lifestyle India for fashion label Ed Hardy. ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- US cotton production set to decline
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details