US: Iconix Q4 profit boosted by higher sales
- Q4 profit up 6% to $30.8m
- Revenue rises 24% to $105.3m
- Maintains full-year 2014 guidance
The company saw net income reach US$30.8m during the three months to 31 December, compared to $29m in the same period last year. Revenue, meanwhile, jumped 24% to $105.3m from $85.1m in the prior year.
During the full year, net income rose 15.4% to $142.6m, and revenue grew 22% to $432.6m.
"In 2013, we had another record year and continued to drive growth through the expansion of our worldwide footprint, our acquisition strategy of asset light businesses and global brands, and our ongoing commitment to share repurchases," said chairman and CEO Neil Cole.
"Looking ahead, as we continue to focus on international markets and additional acquisitions, I believe we can build on our success and continue to deliver increased value to our shareholders."
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
Sportswear giant Nike is rebuilding itself to cement its leadership of the global apparel market. It has sold off smaller brands Umbro and Cole Haan, to focus on the Nike brand as a tool for global ex...
The Nike brand is the most powerful asset portfolio of Nike Inc, accounting for some 85% of its total revenues. Nevertheless, the company’s other brands continue to increase their contribution to the ...
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years