US: Iconix raises FY guidance on Lee Cooper buy
- Q4 profit fell 4% to $26.1m from $27.2m
- Revenues were down 10.9% to $85.1m
- Sees FY earnings rising to $2.05-$2.15 per share
The $72m addition of Lee Cooper, also announced today (20 February), is expected to help lift 2013 revenues to $425-$435m, up from earlier forecasts for $415-$425m. And earnings per share are seen rising to $2.05-$2.15 from $2.00-$2.10 forecast earlier.
"Over the past year we have executed on several exciting initiatives that position our company for significant growth," explained Neil Cole, chairman and CEO.
"We acquired three iconic brands, continued to expand our global footprint, signed a Peanuts movie deal and launched a new $1.1bn securitization facility."
For the fourth quarter, Iconix posted a net income of $26.1m or $0.37 per share, a drop of 4% on last year's $27.2m or $0.36. However, excluding one-time items, it said adjusted profit was $0.41 per share.
Revenues in the three months to 31 December were down 10.9% to $85.1m from $95.5m a year earlier.
For the full year, net income fell 13.2% to $109.4m from $126.1m, while revenues slipped 4.3% to $353.8m from $369.8m.
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Turkish denim specialist Calik Denim has unveiled its new "super-stretch" fabric line at a launch event attended by executives from Bershka, Mavi, Lee Cooper, Diesel, Giorgio Armani and Zara....
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Athletic players well positioned amid disruption
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields