US: Iconix raises FY guidance on Lee Cooper buy
- Q4 profit fell 4% to $26.1m from $27.2m
- Revenues were down 10.9% to $85.1m
- Sees FY earnings rising to $2.05-$2.15 per share
The $72m addition of Lee Cooper, also announced today (20 February), is expected to help lift 2013 revenues to $425-$435m, up from earlier forecasts for $415-$425m. And earnings per share are seen rising to $2.05-$2.15 from $2.00-$2.10 forecast earlier.
"Over the past year we have executed on several exciting initiatives that position our company for significant growth," explained Neil Cole, chairman and CEO.
"We acquired three iconic brands, continued to expand our global footprint, signed a Peanuts movie deal and launched a new $1.1bn securitization facility."
For the fourth quarter, Iconix posted a net income of $26.1m or $0.37 per share, a drop of 4% on last year's $27.2m or $0.36. However, excluding one-time items, it said adjusted profit was $0.41 per share.
Revenues in the three months to 31 December were down 10.9% to $85.1m from $95.5m a year earlier.
For the full year, net income fell 13.2% to $109.4m from $126.1m, while revenues slipped 4.3% to $353.8m from $369.8m.
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Turkish denim specialist Calik Denim has unveiled its new "super-stretch" fabric line at a launch event attended by executives from Bershka, Mavi, Lee Cooper, Diesel, Giorgio Armani and Zara....
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Factory funding gap has mixed impact in Myanmar
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Intertek takes garment inspections to Myanmar
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020