US: Iconix raises FY guidance on Lee Cooper buy
- Q4 profit fell 4% to $26.1m from $27.2m
- Revenues were down 10.9% to $85.1m
- Sees FY earnings rising to $2.05-$2.15 per share
The $72m addition of Lee Cooper, also announced today (20 February), is expected to help lift 2013 revenues to $425-$435m, up from earlier forecasts for $415-$425m. And earnings per share are seen rising to $2.05-$2.15 from $2.00-$2.10 forecast earlier.
"Over the past year we have executed on several exciting initiatives that position our company for significant growth," explained Neil Cole, chairman and CEO.
"We acquired three iconic brands, continued to expand our global footprint, signed a Peanuts movie deal and launched a new $1.1bn securitization facility."
For the fourth quarter, Iconix posted a net income of $26.1m or $0.37 per share, a drop of 4% on last year's $27.2m or $0.36. However, excluding one-time items, it said adjusted profit was $0.41 per share.
Revenues in the three months to 31 December were down 10.9% to $85.1m from $95.5m a year earlier.
For the full year, net income fell 13.2% to $109.4m from $126.1m, while revenues slipped 4.3% to $353.8m from $369.8m.
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Turkish denim specialist Calik Denim has unveiled its new "super-stretch" fabric line at a launch event attended by executives from Bershka, Mavi, Lee Cooper, Diesel, Giorgio Armani and Zara....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts