US: Iconix raises FY guidance on Lee Cooper buy
- Q4 profit fell 4% to $26.1m from $27.2m
- Revenues were down 10.9% to $85.1m
- Sees FY earnings rising to $2.05-$2.15 per share
The $72m addition of Lee Cooper, also announced today (20 February), is expected to help lift 2013 revenues to $425-$435m, up from earlier forecasts for $415-$425m. And earnings per share are seen rising to $2.05-$2.15 from $2.00-$2.10 forecast earlier.
"Over the past year we have executed on several exciting initiatives that position our company for significant growth," explained Neil Cole, chairman and CEO.
"We acquired three iconic brands, continued to expand our global footprint, signed a Peanuts movie deal and launched a new $1.1bn securitization facility."
For the fourth quarter, Iconix posted a net income of $26.1m or $0.37 per share, a drop of 4% on last year's $27.2m or $0.36. However, excluding one-time items, it said adjusted profit was $0.41 per share.
Revenues in the three months to 31 December were down 10.9% to $85.1m from $95.5m a year earlier.
For the full year, net income fell 13.2% to $109.4m from $126.1m, while revenues slipped 4.3% to $353.8m from $369.8m.
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Turkish denim specialist Calik Denim has unveiled its new "super-stretch" fabric line at a launch event attended by executives from Bershka, Mavi, Lee Cooper, Diesel, Giorgio Armani and Zara....
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- PVH ramps up corporate responsibility commitments
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- US Q2 in brief - Chico's, Caleres, G-III Apparel
- Nike and Under Armour top social currency chart
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Trade and trade policy: the EU clothing import market and its ten largest supplying countries, 2016