US: Iconix raises FY guidance on Lee Cooper buy
- Q4 profit fell 4% to $26.1m from $27.2m
- Revenues were down 10.9% to $85.1m
- Sees FY earnings rising to $2.05-$2.15 per share
The $72m addition of Lee Cooper, also announced today (20 February), is expected to help lift 2013 revenues to $425-$435m, up from earlier forecasts for $415-$425m. And earnings per share are seen rising to $2.05-$2.15 from $2.00-$2.10 forecast earlier.
"Over the past year we have executed on several exciting initiatives that position our company for significant growth," explained Neil Cole, chairman and CEO.
"We acquired three iconic brands, continued to expand our global footprint, signed a Peanuts movie deal and launched a new $1.1bn securitization facility."
For the fourth quarter, Iconix posted a net income of $26.1m or $0.37 per share, a drop of 4% on last year's $27.2m or $0.36. However, excluding one-time items, it said adjusted profit was $0.41 per share.
Revenues in the three months to 31 December were down 10.9% to $85.1m from $95.5m a year earlier.
For the full year, net income fell 13.2% to $109.4m from $126.1m, while revenues slipped 4.3% to $353.8m from $369.8m.
Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2018
The global jeanswear market is expected to grow in value over the next six years and mass market retailers will continue to source their denim from the most cost-effective manufacturers around the wor...read more
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Brill Shoe Industries Ltd benefited from the recession, thanks to its acquisition of brands in difficulties, such as Lee Cooper, and making them profitable. The company’s first challenge is to fully i...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects