US: Iconix signs ad deal with Mad Men's Hendricks
Iconix Brand Group has signed a deal for its London Fog brand's fall marketing campaign with actress Christina Hendricks.
Hendricks stars in the TV show Mad Men and was recently named "Best-Looking Woman In America" by Esquire magazine. The multi-media marketing campaign will debut in October issues of fashion and lifestyle magazines such as Elle, Cosmopolitan and InStyle, outdoor and online.
Hendricks said: "London Fog is a classic brand, which I love. It also ties in to Mad Men, we used London Fog in the show and this was a nice way to tie everything together. The trench is such an iconic shape for men and women. It works for anyone - it worked in the 1960s and it works now."
Dari Marder, chief marketing officer, London Fog, said: "Christina has a modern appeal but also harks back to a bygone era, which perfectly complements what London Fog represents. She is sexy and gorgeous and the perfect woman to continue in London Fog's tradition of celebrity portraiture in our marketing campaigns."
US fashion firm Iconix Brand Group has posted improved revenue and profits for the fiscal year, saying its brands had gained market share. ...
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind....
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
Madonna and Iconix Brand Group has entered into its first international partnership with Hudson's Bay Company (HBC or the 'Bay') to manufacture and distribute its junior brand of 'Material Girl'....
- Gap's Myanmar move highlights country's potential
- Vietnam soars as US apparel imports decline in May
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- M&S Q1 trading update: What the analysts say
- SOURCING: Compliance still a concern in Cambodia
- Inditex renews agreement to track the supply chain
- Cambodia faintings highlight worker safety issues
- Textile terms and definitions goes digital
- Li & Fung completes Global Brands spin-off
- Transparency boosting Cambodia factory conditions
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Apparel and Footwear Retailing in the Digital Era (Part 1): Exploring Innovation
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the textile and clothing industry in China