INDIA: Iconix signs Mossimo India licence deal
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind.
The agreement, the first the company has done on the sub-continent, hands Arvind an exclusive, multi-year licence to make and distribute Mossimo apparel and accessories throughout India.
Projected to launch during 2011, Mossimo will be available initially in 170 stores, with plans to expand this to 500 outlets by 2014.
“India’s growing middle class has a preference for American brands and retail outlets are quickly developing, making this a prime time for our expansion into the marketplace,” said Neil Cole, chairman and CEO of Iconix.
Consumer brand company Iconix Brand Group has taken a majority stake in the Ed Hardy tattoo brand for a total of $62m, including a fee of $55m plus an earn-out sum of $7m. ...
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits. ...
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024