INDIA: Iconix signs Mossimo India licence deal
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind.
The agreement, the first the company has done on the sub-continent, hands Arvind an exclusive, multi-year licence to make and distribute Mossimo apparel and accessories throughout India.
Projected to launch during 2011, Mossimo will be available initially in 170 stores, with plans to expand this to 500 outlets by 2014.
“India’s growing middle class has a preference for American brands and retail outlets are quickly developing, making this a prime time for our expansion into the marketplace,” said Neil Cole, chairman and CEO of Iconix.
Consumer brand company Iconix Brand Group has taken a majority stake in the Ed Hardy tattoo brand for a total of $62m, including a fee of $55m plus an earn-out sum of $7m. ...
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits. ...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019