INDIA: Iconix signs Mossimo India licence deal
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind.
The agreement, the first the company has done on the sub-continent, hands Arvind an exclusive, multi-year licence to make and distribute Mossimo apparel and accessories throughout India.
Projected to launch during 2011, Mossimo will be available initially in 170 stores, with plans to expand this to 500 outlets by 2014.
“India’s growing middle class has a preference for American brands and retail outlets are quickly developing, making this a prime time for our expansion into the marketplace,” said Neil Cole, chairman and CEO of Iconix.
Consumer brand company Iconix Brand Group has taken a majority stake in the Ed Hardy tattoo brand for a total of $62m, including a fee of $55m plus an earn-out sum of $7m. ...
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits. ...
- Latest TPP talks fail to clinch a deal
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- COMMENT: Wearable tech – a passing fashion?
- Software solutions: Digital design and prototyping
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- Fabric sourcing tool links mills with design teams
- Coats Group swings to substantial H1 loss
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019