INDIA: Iconix signs Mossimo India licence deal
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind.
The agreement, the first the company has done on the sub-continent, hands Arvind an exclusive, multi-year licence to make and distribute Mossimo apparel and accessories throughout India.
Projected to launch during 2011, Mossimo will be available initially in 170 stores, with plans to expand this to 500 outlets by 2014.
“India’s growing middle class has a preference for American brands and retail outlets are quickly developing, making this a prime time for our expansion into the marketplace,” said Neil Cole, chairman and CEO of Iconix.
Consumer brand company Iconix Brand Group has taken a majority stake in the Ed Hardy tattoo brand for a total of $62m, including a fee of $55m plus an earn-out sum of $7m. ...
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits. ...
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Leveraging the business benefits of 3D design
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Bangladesh woos buyers with sustainable production
- Myanmar makers mull shut-downs over wage plans
- American Apparel to close stores and cut jobs
- Cotton tracing "biggest challenge" for M&S
- Chinese shoe factory collapse kills 12
- Lee ReThink taps into sustainable supply chain