US: Iconix takes control of Buffalo David Bitton label
Iconix Brand Group, which licenses fashion and footwear labels including Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has acquired a 51% interest in the Buffalo David Bitton brand for US$76.5m.
Iconix has formed a joint venture with the brand's parent company, Buffalo International ULC, to acquire the trademark. Iconix will control the joint venture, while Buffalo will be the core licensee.
Buffalo products, which include denim, sportswear, activewear, and accessories are sold in Macy's, Dillard's and Lord & Taylor department stores. It has 30 standalone retail stores, mainly in Canada, operated by the core licensee.
Iconix CEO Neil Cole said: "The Bitton brothers have built a powerful lifestyle brand. We look forward to leveraging our licensing and brand management expertise to further grow the business and expand its retail footprint in the US and Canada, as well as internationally."
As a result of the acquisition, Iconix has raised its 2013 revenue guidance to a range of $415-$425m from $395-$405m. It also expects full-year diluted EPS to a range of $1.90-$2.00 from $1.75-$1.85.
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Surfwear brand Quiksilver has been landed with US$3.6m in damages after a jury found it "willfully" infringed World Marketing's "Visitor" clothing brand....
A group of leading North American retailers and brands - led by Wal-Mart and Gap - have committed more than $142m in funding and low interest loans to help improve factory safety conditions for garmen...
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras