US: Iconix takes control of Buffalo David Bitton label
Iconix Brand Group, which licenses fashion and footwear labels including Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has acquired a 51% interest in the Buffalo David Bitton brand for US$76.5m.
Iconix has formed a joint venture with the brand's parent company, Buffalo International ULC, to acquire the trademark. Iconix will control the joint venture, while Buffalo will be the core licensee.
Buffalo products, which include denim, sportswear, activewear, and accessories are sold in Macy's, Dillard's and Lord & Taylor department stores. It has 30 standalone retail stores, mainly in Canada, operated by the core licensee.
Iconix CEO Neil Cole said: "The Bitton brothers have built a powerful lifestyle brand. We look forward to leveraging our licensing and brand management expertise to further grow the business and expand its retail footprint in the US and Canada, as well as internationally."
As a result of the acquisition, Iconix has raised its 2013 revenue guidance to a range of $415-$425m from $395-$405m. It also expects full-year diluted EPS to a range of $1.90-$2.00 from $1.75-$1.85.
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Surfwear brand Quiksilver has been landed with US$3.6m in damages after a jury found it "willfully" infringed World Marketing's "Visitor" clothing brand....
A group of leading North American retailers and brands - led by Wal-Mart and Gap - have committed more than $142m in funding and low interest loans to help improve factory safety conditions for garmen...
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)