US: Iconix takes control of Zoo York as Q2 profit soars
- Q2 profit soars 69% to $41.5m
- Revenues jumped 17% to $89.3m
- Invests $18m to take control of Zoo York
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which licenses fashion and footwear labels like Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has booked a 69% jump in second quarter profit, and says it is taking full ownership of the Zoo York brand.
"We are pleased to report that our company achieved record results for the second quarter both on the top and bottom line," said chairman and CEO Neil Cole.
"As our brands gain momentum both domestically and internationally, we continue to demonstrate the power of our business model. Looking ahead, we see many growth opportunities for our portfolio and with our current capital structure we are well positioned to continue to execute on our acquisition strategy."
Net income in the quarter soared to $41.5m or $0.55 per share, from $24.5m or $0.33 per share a year ago. Total revenues jumped 17% to $89.3m.
Looking ahead, the company reaffirmed its full year revenue guidance of $355-$365m.
It also said it is spending $18m to increase its stake in the Zoo York brand from 51% to 100%.
Since taking control of the brand in late 2009, the company partnered with Li & Fung for the core sportswear business and substantially expanded Zoo York's distribution into large scale department stores including JC Penney and Kohl's.
Following on from the success of her Material Girl teen clothing line, pop star Madonna is to launch a second label called Truth or Dare, this time focusing on women aged 27-50....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020