EUROPE: Iconix to re-launch Rocawear
Rocawear, the $800m US Street brand formed by rapper Jay Z, is the first label being relaunched by the European licensing unit set up by Iconix Brands to spearhead its expansion into the continent.
Iconix Europe, which was formed in December 2009, is a joint venture between US-based Iconix Brand Group and The Licensing Company and handles 17 trademarks.
It intends to widen Rocawear's appeal to a mainstream target market of 18-30 year-old music aware consumers and street style leaders. A strong denim offer, with innovative fabrication, design and details, is seen as key to its plans.
"Rocawear has a rich DNA within the celebrity and US markets," explains Simon Brown, managing director of Iconix Europe. "We have worked alongside our core licensees to utilise the key elements from the brand and give it a denim-based European twist."
Iconix Brand Group reported a surge in full-year net income on the back of rising sales....
Iconix Brand Group today (22 February) announced a joint venture with Reliance Brands to sell labels like Ed Hardy, Mossimo, London Fog, and Ocean Pacific in India....
Apparel business People's Liberation is to change its name and business model after raising up to US$14.5m in funding from private equity group Tengram Capital Partners....
- Software solutions enhance speed and visibility
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Portugal footwear makers underpin industry growth
- Texprocess & Techtextil 2015: Material innovations
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Q1 results in brief: Foot Locker, Hibbett
- Gap brand sales continue to fall short
- China to reduce apparel import taxes
- Call for probe into Philippines factory fire
- New black dye meets sustainability standards