EUROPE: Iconix to re-launch Rocawear
Rocawear, the $800m US Street brand formed by rapper Jay Z, is the first label being relaunched by the European licensing unit set up by Iconix Brands to spearhead its expansion into the continent.
Iconix Europe, which was formed in December 2009, is a joint venture between US-based Iconix Brand Group and The Licensing Company and handles 17 trademarks.
It intends to widen Rocawear's appeal to a mainstream target market of 18-30 year-old music aware consumers and street style leaders. A strong denim offer, with innovative fabrication, design and details, is seen as key to its plans.
"Rocawear has a rich DNA within the celebrity and US markets," explains Simon Brown, managing director of Iconix Europe. "We have worked alongside our core licensees to utilise the key elements from the brand and give it a denim-based European twist."
Iconix Brand Group reported a surge in full-year net income on the back of rising sales....
Iconix Brand Group today (22 February) announced a joint venture with Reliance Brands to sell labels like Ed Hardy, Mossimo, London Fog, and Ocean Pacific in India....
Apparel business People's Liberation is to change its name and business model after raising up to US$14.5m in funding from private equity group Tengram Capital Partners....
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects