USA: Idealpath.com Works On Virtual Garment Showroom
realityBUY, a provider of interactive 3D for e-commerce applications, announced today the signing of an agreement with ASP, idealpath Inc, to develop a virtual showroom to be deployed when their new website is launched in September. The project includes the development and deployment of a virtual garment showroom that allows participants to evaluate a garment during the manufacturing process. realityBUY.com will use 3D content development software and techniques to develop this web-based application. Users will be able to examine the garment in detail, including the ability to zoom in and out on construction and fabric details as well as having a "close-to-true-life" colour experience, the company claims. When this application is deployed in conjunction with the launch of idealpath's B2B website, it is expected to provide significant value for their customers and greatly enhance the inspection process during production. "We believe there is significant value in providing an online business-to-business marketplace for sellers and buyers in the apparel and textile industries, but this is still a visual industry requiring a level of technical sophistication beyond what has been available to date in an online environment. "Integrating the incredibly realistic 3D visualization offered by realityBUY.com with the dynamic communication tools we offer will add significant value to our e-commerce solution and enhance our customers' experience. Frankly, I think this technology will have a revolutionary impact on the B2B apparel marketplace," said idealpath's George Porter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022