USA: Idealpath.com Works On Virtual Garment Showroom
realityBUY, a provider of interactive 3D for e-commerce applications, announced today the signing of an agreement with ASP, idealpath Inc, to develop a virtual showroom to be deployed when their new website is launched in September. The project includes the development and deployment of a virtual garment showroom that allows participants to evaluate a garment during the manufacturing process. realityBUY.com will use 3D content development software and techniques to develop this web-based application. Users will be able to examine the garment in detail, including the ability to zoom in and out on construction and fabric details as well as having a "close-to-true-life" colour experience, the company claims. When this application is deployed in conjunction with the launch of idealpath's B2B website, it is expected to provide significant value for their customers and greatly enhance the inspection process during production. "We believe there is significant value in providing an online business-to-business marketplace for sellers and buyers in the apparel and textile industries, but this is still a visual industry requiring a level of technical sophistication beyond what has been available to date in an online environment. "Integrating the incredibly realistic 3D visualization offered by realityBUY.com with the dynamic communication tools we offer will add significant value to our e-commerce solution and enhance our customers' experience. Frankly, I think this technology will have a revolutionary impact on the B2B apparel marketplace," said idealpath's George Porter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020