USA: IIS Aand Blair Corp Launch Retail Website
Integrated Information Systems Inc ("IIS") (Nasdaq: IISX), selected by the Blair Corp to develop, implement and host a new e-commerce retail site, yesterday announced the successful launch of www.crossingpointe.com - the culmination of an accelerated, 12-week development project using the latest technology from IBM and CommercialWare. "Operating an e-commerce Web site is no longer a luxury for consumer-oriented marketing organizations - it is a requisite," said Jim Garvey, president and chief executive officer of IIS. According to Forrester Research, the B2C market will increase from $33bn this year to $108bn in 2003. Garvey emphasized: "This creates an enormous need for IIS's capabilities, which are structured to help companies like Blair rapidly maneuver to compete in that market." IIS worked in collaboration with CommercialWare Inc, a leading provider of B2C retail commerce solutions, to build a retail website for Blair. The company wanted a site that would integrate seamlessly with its existing order management, fulfillment, and customer service solution, CommercialWare's retail.dot.commerce. To accomplish this, IIS used IBM's newly released WebSphere(TM) Commerce Suite 4.1, making this e-commerce site one of the first to use the middleware technology with its new e-business capabilities. Blair, a Pennsylvania-based apparel manufacturer/distributor well known for its line of clothing for women 65 and older, has annual revenues of $500m. The introduction of the Crossing Pointe brand of women's apparel, focused on clothing for the 37 million "baby boomer" women aged 35-54, was simultaneous with the launch of the crossingpointe.com site and the Crossing Pointe apparel catalog.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack