USA: IIS Aand Blair Corp Launch Retail Website
"Operating an e-commerce Web site is no longer a luxury for consumer-oriented marketing organizations - it is a requisite," said Jim Garvey, president and chief executive officer of IIS.
According to Forrester Research, the B2C market will increase from $33bn this year to $108bn in 2003. Garvey emphasized: "This creates an enormous need for IIS's capabilities, which are structured to help companies like Blair rapidly maneuver to compete in that market."
IIS worked in collaboration with CommercialWare Inc, a leading provider of B2C retail commerce solutions, to build a retail website for Blair. The company wanted a site that would integrate seamlessly with its existing order management, fulfillment, and customer service solution, CommercialWare's retail.dot.commerce.
To accomplish this, IIS used IBM's newly released WebSphere(TM) Commerce Suite 4.1, making this e-commerce site one of the first to use the middleware technology with its new e-business capabilities.
Blair, a Pennsylvania-based apparel manufacturer/distributor well known for its line of clothing for women 65 and older, has annual revenues of $500m. The introduction of the Crossing Pointe brand of women's apparel, focused on clothing for the 37 million "baby boomer" women aged 35-54, was simultaneous with the launch of the crossingpointe.com site and the Crossing Pointe apparel catalog.
About Blair Corp
Based in Warren, Pa, Blair Corp sells fashion apparel for men and women and a broad range of home products, primarily through direct mail merchandising. Catalogs and letter style promotions depicting a broad array of womenswear, menswear and home products are mailed directly to existing and prospective customers.
Blair Corp. operates facilities in Erie and Franklin, Pa., as well as Wilmington, Del. Visit the Crossing Pointe Web site at www.crossingpointe.com for additional information.
IIS is a leading Internet professional services firm possessing the full range of capabilities necessary to rapidly transform growing enterprises to a digital environment.
Utilizing its proprietary full-service methodology, Dimensions(SM), IIS provides its clients with a framework in which innovative Internet solutions can be conceptualized, enhanced, and implemented with the speed-to-market necessary to succeed in the rapidly evolving Internet environment. Visit IIS's Web site at href="http:// www.iisweb.com"target="_blank">www.iisweb.com for additional information.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sourcing at MAGIC tackles trade, Africa and speed
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar