USA: IIS Aand Blair Corp Launch Retail Website
Integrated Information Systems Inc ("IIS") (Nasdaq: IISX), selected by the Blair Corp to develop, implement and host a new e-commerce retail site, yesterday announced the successful launch of www.crossingpointe.com - the culmination of an accelerated, 12-week development project using the latest technology from IBM and CommercialWare. "Operating an e-commerce Web site is no longer a luxury for consumer-oriented marketing organizations - it is a requisite," said Jim Garvey, president and chief executive officer of IIS. According to Forrester Research, the B2C market will increase from $33bn this year to $108bn in 2003. Garvey emphasized: "This creates an enormous need for IIS's capabilities, which are structured to help companies like Blair rapidly maneuver to compete in that market." IIS worked in collaboration with CommercialWare Inc, a leading provider of B2C retail commerce solutions, to build a retail website for Blair. The company wanted a site that would integrate seamlessly with its existing order management, fulfillment, and customer service solution, CommercialWare's retail.dot.commerce. To accomplish this, IIS used IBM's newly released WebSphere(TM) Commerce Suite 4.1, making this e-commerce site one of the first to use the middleware technology with its new e-business capabilities. Blair, a Pennsylvania-based apparel manufacturer/distributor well known for its line of clothing for women 65 and older, has annual revenues of $500m. The introduction of the Crossing Pointe brand of women's apparel, focused on clothing for the 37 million "baby boomer" women aged 35-54, was simultaneous with the launch of the crossingpointe.com site and the Crossing Pointe apparel catalog.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report