CAMBODIA: ILO launches online transparency database
The International Labour Organization's (ILO) Better Factories Cambodia (BFC) initiative has launched its online transparency database showing how individual garment factories measure up on key working conditions.
The ILO revealed that one third of the 51 factories included on the database made improvements on 21 basic legal requirements in anticipation of their inclusion in this initial report. The total number of violations fell from 59 to 34 between December last year and February - a 42% improvement.
A smaller group of 15 factories on the database (29%) were already in compliance on all 21 of the basic legal requirements included in the 'critical issues' category. Another 15 made "verifiable improvements" during the period in order to move into this group, for a total of 30 factories (59%) with no violations of the 'critical issues'.
"We are happy to see that improvements are being made and that the transparency database is now launched," said Anna Gedda, social sustainability manager at H&M.
"This shows that the government and the industry of Cambodia recognise the increasing importance of transparency and how this can accelerate improvements across the whole garment sector in Cambodia."
Click here to view the initial transparency report.
Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Cambodia
The clothing industry in Cambodia has expanded rapidly since the mid-1990s and has become the largest manufacturing sector in the country. Exports have risen sharply in recent years, and by 2012 combi...read more
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down....
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead