CAMBODIA: ILO launches online transparency database
The International Labour Organization's (ILO) Better Factories Cambodia (BFC) initiative has launched its online transparency database showing how individual garment factories measure up on key working conditions.
The ILO revealed that one third of the 51 factories included on the database made improvements on 21 basic legal requirements in anticipation of their inclusion in this initial report. The total number of violations fell from 59 to 34 between December last year and February - a 42% improvement.
A smaller group of 15 factories on the database (29%) were already in compliance on all 21 of the basic legal requirements included in the 'critical issues' category. Another 15 made "verifiable improvements" during the period in order to move into this group, for a total of 30 factories (59%) with no violations of the 'critical issues'.
"We are happy to see that improvements are being made and that the transparency database is now launched," said Anna Gedda, social sustainability manager at H&M.
"This shows that the government and the industry of Cambodia recognise the increasing importance of transparency and how this can accelerate improvements across the whole garment sector in Cambodia."
Click here to view the initial transparency report.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
The line-up for this year's Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong features senior executives from VF Corp, PVH, Under Armour, New Balance, Adidas and TAL Apparel, who will discuss sourcing in Africa, the im...
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields