CHINA: Impactiva partners with NSF on textile testing
Quality assurance provider Impactiva has partnered with global public health and safety organisation NSF International to provide laboratory testing for the global textile industry.
Impactiva, which already specialises in the leather, footwear, apparel sectors, will incorporate NSF test reports into an end-to-end laboratory testing quality assurance programme tailored for each client.
Testing for restricted substances and physical property failures will be performed at NSF International's laboratory in Shanghai, China.
In addition to potential cost-savings, increased government scrutiny has made higher-quality laboratory testing essential in the fashion industry.
In response to this, Impactiva will also provide ongoing updates on the latest changes in global standards and regulations.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change