CHINA: Impactiva partners with NSF on textile testing
Quality assurance provider Impactiva has partnered with global public health and safety organisation NSF International to provide laboratory testing for the global textile industry.
Impactiva, which already specialises in the leather, footwear, apparel sectors, will incorporate NSF test reports into an end-to-end laboratory testing quality assurance programme tailored for each client.
Testing for restricted substances and physical property failures will be performed at NSF International's laboratory in Shanghai, China.
In addition to potential cost-savings, increased government scrutiny has made higher-quality laboratory testing essential in the fashion industry.
In response to this, Impactiva will also provide ongoing updates on the latest changes in global standards and regulations.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide