CHINA: Impactiva partners with NSF on textile testing
Quality assurance provider Impactiva has partnered with global public health and safety organisation NSF International to provide laboratory testing for the global textile industry.
Impactiva, which already specialises in the leather, footwear, apparel sectors, will incorporate NSF test reports into an end-to-end laboratory testing quality assurance programme tailored for each client.
Testing for restricted substances and physical property failures will be performed at NSF International's laboratory in Shanghai, China.
In addition to potential cost-savings, increased government scrutiny has made higher-quality laboratory testing essential in the fashion industry.
In response to this, Impactiva will also provide ongoing updates on the latest changes in global standards and regulations.
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Compliance in China continues to improve
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- Myanmar makers mull shut-downs over wage plans
- Cotton tracing "biggest challenge" for M&S
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- WEBINAR: Compliance: Why has it failed?