ITALY: Imperial turns to PLM to help speed development
Italian fast fashion company Imperial is implementing Lectra Fashion PLM to help streamline the development process and support its worldwide business growth.
Imperial provides men's and women's wear to 4,000 customers across the world, including Italy, Europe and Asia, and delivers 6m pieces per year.
In 2012 it decided to expand its activities and invested in 80 multi-brand stores - which left it facing the challenge of coping with increasing activities, while continuing to deliver up-to-date quality collections on time.
"With the company growing at a very fast pace, we need to be able to master the end-to-end development process," says Adriano Aere, Imperial founder and president.
"As consumers demand more and more variety and newness, we also need to become faster and produce more," he adds.
The software tool will help speed development and better-connect teams involved in the collection process, from design to final product.
"Embedding our technical data into Lectra Fashion PLM will help us share information about styles or technical specifications better and faster," Aere adds.
Because Imperial is based on a mass-market business model, building collaboration between creative and technical teams is imperative.
The fashion firm also plans to go one step further and share pre-production and production data by opening its PLM platform to material or service suppliers.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Design, innovation, development and sourcing business The S Group has selected CGS's BlueCherry ERP and PLM solutions to increase visibility and efficiency across all of its departments....
Spanish footwear manufacturer Mascaró has selected Centric Software's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to enhance visibility and increase efficiency throughout its product development proce...
RLM Apparel Software Systems has added new and enhanced capabilities to its FashionManager enterprise software solution, designed to accelerate business processes and improve operational efficiencies....
Spanish fashion brand Encuentro Moda has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM to help improve speed to market for its apparel and accessory lines....
Royal Blue brand owner and private label producer BM Merchandising Co (BM Group) is implementing Simparel's cloud-based enterprise solution to support its growth and streamline operations....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020