ITALY: Imperial turns to PLM to help speed development
Italian fast fashion company Imperial is implementing Lectra Fashion PLM to help streamline the development process and support its worldwide business growth.
Imperial provides men's and women's wear to 4,000 customers across the world, including Italy, Europe and Asia, and delivers 6m pieces per year.
In 2012 it decided to expand its activities and invested in 80 multi-brand stores - which left it facing the challenge of coping with increasing activities, while continuing to deliver up-to-date quality collections on time.
"With the company growing at a very fast pace, we need to be able to master the end-to-end development process," says Adriano Aere, Imperial founder and president.
"As consumers demand more and more variety and newness, we also need to become faster and produce more," he adds.
The software tool will help speed development and better-connect teams involved in the collection process, from design to final product.
"Embedding our technical data into Lectra Fashion PLM will help us share information about styles or technical specifications better and faster," Aere adds.
Because Imperial is based on a mass-market business model, building collaboration between creative and technical teams is imperative.
The fashion firm also plans to go one step further and share pre-production and production data by opening its PLM platform to material or service suppliers.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Design, innovation, development and sourcing business The S Group has selected CGS's BlueCherry ERP and PLM solutions to increase visibility and efficiency across all of its departments....
Spanish footwear manufacturer Mascaró has selected Centric Software's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to enhance visibility and increase efficiency throughout its product development proce...
RLM Apparel Software Systems has added new and enhanced capabilities to its FashionManager enterprise software solution, designed to accelerate business processes and improve operational efficiencies....
Spanish fashion brand Encuentro Moda has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM to help improve speed to market for its apparel and accessory lines....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024