ITALY: Imperial turns to PLM to help speed development
Italian fast fashion company Imperial is implementing Lectra Fashion PLM to help streamline the development process and support its worldwide business growth.
Imperial provides men's and women's wear to 4,000 customers across the world, including Italy, Europe and Asia, and delivers 6m pieces per year.
In 2012 it decided to expand its activities and invested in 80 multi-brand stores - which left it facing the challenge of coping with increasing activities, while continuing to deliver up-to-date quality collections on time.
"With the company growing at a very fast pace, we need to be able to master the end-to-end development process," says Adriano Aere, Imperial founder and president.
"As consumers demand more and more variety and newness, we also need to become faster and produce more," he adds.
The software tool will help speed development and better-connect teams involved in the collection process, from design to final product.
"Embedding our technical data into Lectra Fashion PLM will help us share information about styles or technical specifications better and faster," Aere adds.
Because Imperial is based on a mass-market business model, building collaboration between creative and technical teams is imperative.
The fashion firm also plans to go one step further and share pre-production and production data by opening its PLM platform to material or service suppliers.
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Designer fashion, accessories and footwear brand 3.1 Phillip Lim is to implement the BlueCherry Enterprise Suite to support the domestic and international growth of their business and the development ...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at supply chain sustainability initiatives, comments on the challenges of integrating sustainability into fashion businesses, and new figur...
Product lifecycle management (PLM) software provider Centric Software has opened its first Asian office in Shanghai, as part of efforts to expand its presence in the region....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include an analysis on East African countries courting clothing and textile business, Fung Capital investing in a PLM software provider, and a look at why...
Southeastern Performance Apparel (SEP) is implementing Simparel's all-in-one fashion business software to help streamline processes and drive growth....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Transparency boosts Cambodia factory improvements
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre