ITALY: Imperial turns to PLM to help speed development
Italian fast fashion company Imperial is implementing Lectra Fashion PLM to help streamline the development process and support its worldwide business growth.
Imperial provides men's and women's wear to 4,000 customers across the world, including Italy, Europe and Asia, and delivers 6m pieces per year.
In 2012 it decided to expand its activities and invested in 80 multi-brand stores - which left it facing the challenge of coping with increasing activities, while continuing to deliver up-to-date quality collections on time.
"With the company growing at a very fast pace, we need to be able to master the end-to-end development process," says Adriano Aere, Imperial founder and president.
"As consumers demand more and more variety and newness, we also need to become faster and produce more," he adds.
The software tool will help speed development and better-connect teams involved in the collection process, from design to final product.
"Embedding our technical data into Lectra Fashion PLM will help us share information about styles or technical specifications better and faster," Aere adds.
Because Imperial is based on a mass-market business model, building collaboration between creative and technical teams is imperative.
The fashion firm also plans to go one step further and share pre-production and production data by opening its PLM platform to material or service suppliers.
How is the sourcing landscape likely to shift in 2015, and what strategies can help apparel firms and their suppliers to stay ahead? China is seen moving higher up the value chain, and near-shoring is...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Spanish fashion brand Encuentro Moda has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM to help improve speed to market for its apparel and accessory lines....
Royal Blue brand owner and private label producer BM Merchandising Co (BM Group) is implementing Simparel's cloud-based enterprise solution to support its growth and streamline operations....
Avalanche Outdoor Apparel Company has implemented Zweave's PTC FlexPLM solution into its business to streamline data sources and scale its growth....
UK based ladies' and children's wear manufacturer Studio One is implementing the Visual End-2-End software suite to connect and centralise all product information and processes....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead