UK: Improved Q3 trading at French Connection
Trading at UK-based fashion retailer French Connection improved during the company’s third quarter amid “inconsistent” market conditions, the company said.
Like-for-like UK and European sales in the third quarter were flat – an improvement on the 9.5% decline reported in the first half of the financial year.
“Revenue has reflected the more autumnal weather in comparison to last year and sales of coats and knitwear have been much improved,” said French Connection, adding that gross margins were similar to last year.
Meanwhile, UK/Europe wholesale revenues continued to show declines thanks to lower forward orders and reduced in-season business, the company said.
North America retail was broadly flat, but wholesale continued recent growth and overall trading was ahead of last year.
However, joint ventures in Asia showed profits down slightly on last year, reflecting the retail slowdown in Hong Kong and China, French Connection said.
German department store retailer Karstadt has appointed Terry von Bibra as its head of e-commerce as it continues to build on its online capabilities....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)