UK: Improved Q3 trading at French Connection
Trading at UK-based fashion retailer French Connection improved during the company’s third quarter amid “inconsistent” market conditions, the company said.
Like-for-like UK and European sales in the third quarter were flat – an improvement on the 9.5% decline reported in the first half of the financial year.
“Revenue has reflected the more autumnal weather in comparison to last year and sales of coats and knitwear have been much improved,” said French Connection, adding that gross margins were similar to last year.
Meanwhile, UK/Europe wholesale revenues continued to show declines thanks to lower forward orders and reduced in-season business, the company said.
North America retail was broadly flat, but wholesale continued recent growth and overall trading was ahead of last year.
However, joint ventures in Asia showed profits down slightly on last year, reflecting the retail slowdown in Hong Kong and China, French Connection said.
German department store retailer Karstadt has appointed Terry von Bibra as its head of e-commerce as it continues to build on its online capabilities....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report