UK: Improved Q3 trading at French Connection
Trading at UK-based fashion retailer French Connection improved during the company’s third quarter amid “inconsistent” market conditions, the company said.
Like-for-like UK and European sales in the third quarter were flat – an improvement on the 9.5% decline reported in the first half of the financial year.
“Revenue has reflected the more autumnal weather in comparison to last year and sales of coats and knitwear have been much improved,” said French Connection, adding that gross margins were similar to last year.
Meanwhile, UK/Europe wholesale revenues continued to show declines thanks to lower forward orders and reduced in-season business, the company said.
North America retail was broadly flat, but wholesale continued recent growth and overall trading was ahead of last year.
However, joint ventures in Asia showed profits down slightly on last year, reflecting the retail slowdown in Hong Kong and China, French Connection said.
German department store retailer Karstadt has appointed Terry von Bibra as its head of e-commerce as it continues to build on its online capabilities....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis