TAIWAN: India Punishes Taiwanese Acrylic-Fibre Makers
India recently announced the imposition of antidumping taxes of US$0.14 per kg and US$0.24/kg on acrylic fibre imported from Taiwan, the Taiwan Economic News reported today.The Taiwanese Board of Foreign Trade (BOFT), which falls under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, says that Indian textile manufacturers have accused Taiwanese manufacturers of dumping acrylic fibre in July last year. After the Indian government investigated the dumping, a preliminary decision was made in November 1999 to impose temporary antidumping tax of 10.25 rupee/kg on Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corp (FCF), based on an estimated dumping rate of 25.52 per cent. FCF was the largest Taiwanese exporter of acrylic fibre to India.The Indian government sent officials to Taiwan to investigate the accused domestic manufacturers of acrylic fibre in May this year. On July 11, the Indian government announced its final judgement that Taiwan-made acrylic fibrer was sold at prices below reasonable levels in India and such dumping had harmed the Indian manufacturing industry. The Indian government has imposed antidumping tax of US$0.24/kg on the accused Taiwanese manufacturers, except the FCF, which will be charged US$0.14/kg due to its cooperation with the Indian authorities' investigation of the dumping.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar