INDIA: Indian Rayon Results Profit From Madura Acquisition
Indian Rayon and Industries of the Aditya Birla Group, grew 51 per cent in the last quarter to $81m. Madura Garments, acquired January, has set both turnover and profits aflame, having already become the biggest division of the company. Indian Rayon has four divisions : Madura Garments (now 25 per cent of company turnover), viscose filament yarn (16 per cent), textiles (25 per cent), carbon black (21 per cent), and insulators (13 per cent). A new division, insurance, has received government permission to enter this field, hitherto reserved for public sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022