INDIA: Indian Rayon Results Profit From Madura Acquisition
Indian Rayon and Industries of the Aditya Birla Group, grew 51 per cent in the last quarter to $81m. Madura Garments, acquired January, has set both turnover and profits aflame, having already become the biggest division of the company. Indian Rayon has four divisions : Madura Garments (now 25 per cent of company turnover), viscose filament yarn (16 per cent), textiles (25 per cent), carbon black (21 per cent), and insulators (13 per cent). A new division, insurance, has received government permission to enter this field, hitherto reserved for public sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts