FINLAND: Inditex acquires Zara franchise in Finland
The acquisition will see Inditex directly manage the four Zara stores in Finland.
"The process is in line with Inditex's standard management formula in the immense majority of countries where the company has a sales presence," the company said.
Franchisee staff will be incorporated into the Inditex Group.
The company has been operating in Finland since 2002.
More than 150 companies have now signed the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in April last year, which killed more than 1,...
Inditex was founded in 1963 by Amancio Ortega Gaona. The group opened its first Zara shop in 1975 in A Coruna, Spain. Inditex was established as the head of the corporate group in 1985. The group witn...
With the Spanish economy facing another liquidity crisis and possible second round of European recession, Spanish apparel giant Inditex could have been looking at a bleak future. However, thus far the...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Mexico is Inditex’s third largest sales territory on a global basis, behind only Spain and Portugal. All of the company’s brands (Zara, Bershka, Oysho, Massimo Dutti, Pull & Bear, Uterqüe, Stradivariu...
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA is present in Colombia with its Zara, Bershka, Massimo Dutti and Stradivarius brands. The company plans to continue expanding into major and medium-sized cities....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects