SPAIN: Inditex launches Bershka in Japan
Spanish retail group Inditex has opened its first Bershka store in Japan.
The store is located in a 1,000 square metre space in Tokyo’s Shibuya district, occupying four retail floors of the Zero Gate Building. The store features a glass façade outlined in pop art yellow neon lights, while the interior has a white and black colour scheme with 'theatrical lighting'.
Bershka is the second Inditex concept to open stores in Japan, following Zara's arrival in 1998. Zara now has 63 stores across the country.
With the Shibuya store, Bershka’s global footprint now includes 50 countries. Bershka plans to open more locations in Japan in the coming months, the company said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Mexico's leading footwear fair Sapica closed last week with more promises from global shoe brands to switch their sourcing to Leon, the nation's manufacturing hub, in coming months....
Spanish fashion giant Zara has told just-style it will consider appealing some $700,000 in possible fines stemming from a Brazilian Labour Ministry investigation into "slave labour" conditions at one ...
Fashion retailer Inditex has revealed plans to enter a number of new markets as it recorded a steep rise in first half profit....
Spanish retailer Inditex, owner of the Zara fashion stores, has outlined a number of steps intended to stamp out exploitation in its Brazilian supply chain following last month's discovery that some o...
Campaigners are using the start of London Fashion Week to step up calls for high street retailers to take more action to end poverty pay for overseas workers....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective