UK: Inditex reshuffles execs as Patel moves to US
Spanish retail giant Inditex is reshuffling executives at its Italian and UK operations as current UK boss Dilip Patel heads to the US.
A spokesperson for Inditex said Patel, currently director of Inditex UK, will take over Inditex US "in the coming weeks".
As a result, the head of its Italian business, Lorenzo Marcheselli, will take the helm at its UK operations.
Inditex, which operates the flagship Zara fashion chain, reported revenues of over EUR7bn (US$9.1bn) for the first half of the fiscal year, increasing its net profit by 32%.
Finding a cheap and responsive outsourcing option closer to home is increasingly a key option for US and European brands....
Inditex was founded in 1963 by Amancio Ortega Gaona. The group opened its first Zara shop in 1975 in A Coruna, Spain. Inditex was established as the head of the corporate group in 1985. The group witn...
Argentinean women, widely seen as the most elegant and refined women in the Americas, aim for a natural and delicate appearance. They also tend to have a more European attitude towards fashion and all...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Mexico is Inditex’s third largest sales territory on a global basis, behind only Spain and Portugal. All of the company’s brands (Zara, Bershka, Oysho, Massimo Dutti, Pull & Bear, Uterqüe, Stradivariu...
The consumption boom from the last two years presented a promising business environment, despite the high inflation rates. 2011 managed to fulfil and go beyond the optimistic expectations from the pre...
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- H&M to work with ILO on sustainable supply chains
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Clothing Manufacturers (Global) - Industry Report