UK: Inditex reshuffles execs as Patel moves to US
Spanish retail giant Inditex is reshuffling executives at its Italian and UK operations as current UK boss Dilip Patel heads to the US.
A spokesperson for Inditex said Patel, currently director of Inditex UK, will take over Inditex US "in the coming weeks".
As a result, the head of its Italian business, Lorenzo Marcheselli, will take the helm at its UK operations.
Inditex, which operates the flagship Zara fashion chain, reported revenues of over EUR7bn (US$9.1bn) for the first half of the fiscal year, increasing its net profit by 32%.
Finding a cheap and responsive outsourcing option closer to home is increasingly a key option for US and European brands....
Inditex was founded in 1963 by Amancio Ortega Gaona. The group opened its first Zara shop in 1975 in A Coruna, Spain. Inditex was established as the head of the corporate group in 1985. The group witn...
Argentinean women, widely seen as the most elegant and refined women in the Americas, aim for a natural and delicate appearance. They also tend to have a more European attitude towards fashion and all...
Some 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Mexico is Inditex’s third largest sales territory on a global basis, behind only Spain and Portugal. All of the company’s brands (Zara, Bershka, Oysho, Massimo Dutti, Pull & Bear, Uterqüe, Stradivariu...
The consumption boom from the last two years presented a promising business environment, despite the high inflation rates. 2011 managed to fulfil and go beyond the optimistic expectations from the pre...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields