GERMANY: Inditex takes 100% of subsidiary
The Spanish company now controls all of its subsidiaries in the country, following its buy-back of its stake in Massimo Dutti in 2006.
Inditex, which has operated in Germany since 1999 through Zara and Massimo Dutti, now has 72 stores in more than 40 German cities.
The company said it was now reviewing the most effective way to introduce more of its retail concepts into the country, and would launch online store Zara.com in Germany on 2 September.
Although more than two years have passed since the global economic crisis began, consumer spending on fashion remains tentative and selective. In 2011, retailers will be jostling for custom while high...
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2010, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
Fashion retailer Inditex has reported double digit growth in sales over the first nine-months of the year, after a significant period of new store openings....
Latest figures show that 5,000 Spanish textile and apparel firms have gone out of business in the past five years amid soaring Chinese imports. ...
Spanish textiles firm The Inditex Group is to launch its Massimo Dutti retail chain in the South Korean market. ...
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report