GERMANY: Inditex takes 100% of subsidiary
The Spanish company now controls all of its subsidiaries in the country, following its buy-back of its stake in Massimo Dutti in 2006.
Inditex, which has operated in Germany since 1999 through Zara and Massimo Dutti, now has 72 stores in more than 40 German cities.
The company said it was now reviewing the most effective way to introduce more of its retail concepts into the country, and would launch online store Zara.com in Germany on 2 September.
Although more than two years have passed since the global economic crisis began, consumer spending on fashion remains tentative and selective. In 2011, retailers will be jostling for custom while high...
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2010, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
Fashion retailer Inditex has reported double digit growth in sales over the first nine-months of the year, after a significant period of new store openings....
Latest figures show that 5,000 Spanish textile and apparel firms have gone out of business in the past five years amid soaring Chinese imports. ...
Spanish textiles firm The Inditex Group is to launch its Massimo Dutti retail chain in the South Korean market. ...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies