GERMANY: Inditex takes 100% of subsidiary
The Spanish company now controls all of its subsidiaries in the country, following its buy-back of its stake in Massimo Dutti in 2006.
Inditex, which has operated in Germany since 1999 through Zara and Massimo Dutti, now has 72 stores in more than 40 German cities.
The company said it was now reviewing the most effective way to introduce more of its retail concepts into the country, and would launch online store Zara.com in Germany on 2 September.
Although more than two years have passed since the global economic crisis began, consumer spending on fashion remains tentative and selective. In 2011, retailers will be jostling for custom while high...
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2010, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
Fashion retailer Inditex has reported double digit growth in sales over the first nine-months of the year, after a significant period of new store openings....
Latest figures show that 5,000 Spanish textile and apparel firms have gone out of business in the past five years amid soaring Chinese imports. ...
Spanish textiles firm The Inditex Group is to launch its Massimo Dutti retail chain in the South Korean market. ...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020