INDIA: Inditex teams with Tata for first Zara stores
Inditex is to open its first Zara stores in India
Inditex and Indian industrial giant Tata have set up a joint venture to take the Spanish fashion retailers' flagship banner Zara to India's booming market.
A Coruna, Spain-based Inditex will control the venture, called Trent Limited, which will expand Zara into New Delhi and Bombay in coming weeks.
During the accord's signature, Trent Limited managing director Noel Tata said he sees "great opportunities" for Zara in India, the world's most populous nation with a large number of fashion-sensitive consumers aware of international trends.
On Monday, Inditex announced the rollout of its first, 1,800 square-metre Zara in Delhi's Select CityWalk mall, adding that the move takes its franchise to 77 countries.
A Bombay opening is scheduled for coming weeks in the city's Palladium mall as well as a second Zara in Delhi.
One of the biggest retail success stories of the past decade has been the phenomenal rise of fast fashion, a shopping trend spurred by rapidly changing styles and the ready availability of cheap brand...
India's largest apparel manufacturer and exporter, Gokaldas Exports, has selected Fast React Systems to help improve its production planning and control....
The following is a roundup of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- PETA calls for wool boycott on “gruesome” exposé
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015