INDIA: Inditex teams with Tata for first Zara stores
Inditex is to open its first Zara stores in India
Inditex and Indian industrial giant Tata have set up a joint venture to take the Spanish fashion retailers' flagship banner Zara to India's booming market.
A Coruna, Spain-based Inditex will control the venture, called Trent Limited, which will expand Zara into New Delhi and Bombay in coming weeks.
During the accord's signature, Trent Limited managing director Noel Tata said he sees "great opportunities" for Zara in India, the world's most populous nation with a large number of fashion-sensitive consumers aware of international trends.
On Monday, Inditex announced the rollout of its first, 1,800 square-metre Zara in Delhi's Select CityWalk mall, adding that the move takes its franchise to 77 countries.
A Bombay opening is scheduled for coming weeks in the city's Palladium mall as well as a second Zara in Delhi.
One of the biggest retail success stories of the past decade has been the phenomenal rise of fast fashion, a shopping trend spurred by rapidly changing styles and the ready availability of cheap brand...
India's largest apparel manufacturer and exporter, Gokaldas Exports, has selected Fast React Systems to help improve its production planning and control....
The following is a roundup of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)