INDIA: Inditex teams with Tata for first Zara stores
Inditex is to open its first Zara stores in India
Inditex and Indian industrial giant Tata have set up a joint venture to take the Spanish fashion retailers' flagship banner Zara to India's booming market.
A Coruna, Spain-based Inditex will control the venture, called Trent Limited, which will expand Zara into New Delhi and Bombay in coming weeks.
During the accord's signature, Trent Limited managing director Noel Tata said he sees "great opportunities" for Zara in India, the world's most populous nation with a large number of fashion-sensitive consumers aware of international trends.
On Monday, Inditex announced the rollout of its first, 1,800 square-metre Zara in Delhi's Select CityWalk mall, adding that the move takes its franchise to 77 countries.
A Bombay opening is scheduled for coming weeks in the city's Palladium mall as well as a second Zara in Delhi.
One of the biggest retail success stories of the past decade has been the phenomenal rise of fast fashion, a shopping trend spurred by rapidly changing styles and the ready availability of cheap brand...
India's largest apparel manufacturer and exporter, Gokaldas Exports, has selected Fast React Systems to help improve its production planning and control....
The following is a roundup of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024