INDIA: Inditex teams with Tata for first Zara stores
Inditex is to open its first Zara stores in India
Inditex and Indian industrial giant Tata have set up a joint venture to take the Spanish fashion retailers' flagship banner Zara to India's booming market.
A Coruna, Spain-based Inditex will control the venture, called Trent Limited, which will expand Zara into New Delhi and Bombay in coming weeks.
During the accord's signature, Trent Limited managing director Noel Tata said he sees "great opportunities" for Zara in India, the world's most populous nation with a large number of fashion-sensitive consumers aware of international trends.
On Monday, Inditex announced the rollout of its first, 1,800 square-metre Zara in Delhi's Select CityWalk mall, adding that the move takes its franchise to 77 countries.
A Bombay opening is scheduled for coming weeks in the city's Palladium mall as well as a second Zara in Delhi.
One of the biggest retail success stories of the past decade has been the phenomenal rise of fast fashion, a shopping trend spurred by rapidly changing styles and the ready availability of cheap brand...
India's largest apparel manufacturer and exporter, Gokaldas Exports, has selected Fast React Systems to help improve its production planning and control....
The following is a roundup of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019