CHINA: Inditex to launch Chinese Zara site
The www.zara.cn site will offer home delivery and in-store collection. Zara will also offer consumers a toll-free customer service phone line to help resolve any queries or issues associated with their purchases.
Zara entered China in 2006 with a store in Shanghai. It now operates over 100 stores in more than 40 Chinese cities. Zara operates over 300 Inditex stores in China across eight banners, making it one of its largest international divisions outside its Spanish home market.
The move will mean that the company has e-commerce operations in all of the markets in which it is present.
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include company briefings on Arcadia, H&M and Next, a look at the trends in world textile and clothing trade, and global and regional trend...
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at the challenges Burma faces in becoming a competitive sourcing destination, Under Armour filing a trademark infringement lawsuit against ...
Danish clothing firm IC Companys has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), which works to reduce the environmental and social impacts of global apparel and footwear production....
Ahead of talks scheduled to take place next week on a potential rise in the minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's garment and footwear factories, campaigners are urging fashion brands to support an i...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies