UK: Industry conference confirms new speakers
Marks & Spencer and Crystal Martin have been confirmed as speakers at a new industry conference set to take place at the end of next month.
Organised by ASBCI, the Association of Suppliers to the British Clothing Industry, the 'Making it in the UK- Ready or not?' event is a follow-up to a conference the group hosted nearly two years ago.
Tony O'Connor, head of design, menswear at Marks & Spencer and Jonny Mitchell, executive director of Crystal Martin International will join speakers from the Alliance Project, De Montfort University, Fashion Enter, and Make it British.
Speakers have been assembled from the government, fashion retail, brand, manufacturing and training sectors - all of which are working to rejuvenate the UK's garment-making industry.
They will focus on giving practical advice and sharing their experiences, wisdom and visions on the future of UK garment making.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were William E Connor, chairman and CEO of William E Connor & Associates; Crystal Group's CEO Andrew Lo; Helena Helmersson, head of su...
Next's head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras