UK: Industry conference confirms new speakers
Marks & Spencer and Crystal Martin have been confirmed as speakers at a new industry conference set to take place at the end of next month.
Organised by ASBCI, the Association of Suppliers to the British Clothing Industry, the 'Making it in the UK- Ready or not?' event is a follow-up to a conference the group hosted nearly two years ago.
Tony O'Connor, head of design, menswear at Marks & Spencer and Jonny Mitchell, executive director of Crystal Martin International will join speakers from the Alliance Project, De Montfort University, Fashion Enter, and Make it British.
Speakers have been assembled from the government, fashion retail, brand, manufacturing and training sectors - all of which are working to rejuvenate the UK's garment-making industry.
They will focus on giving practical advice and sharing their experiences, wisdom and visions on the future of UK garment making.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were William E Connor, chairman and CEO of William E Connor & Associates; Crystal Group's CEO Andrew Lo; Helena Helmersson, head of su...
Next's head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020