VIETNAM: Industry event on product safety and compliance
A conference on international product safety and environmental compliance is taking place in Vietnam later this year.
The event, organised by the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), will take place from 13-14 May at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Sessions will include understanding product safety regulations, including the US CPSIA and European REACH, testing for product safety compliance, chemical management and sustainability, the Higg Index and Chemical Framework Index.
The aim, the association said, will be to educate overseas factories and suppliers on the numerous regulatory standards, restricted substances lists (RSL), chemical management programmes and sustainability issues required of supply chain operations.
The second day of the event will include a half-day workshop on the negation status of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015