VIETNAM: Industry event on product safety and compliance
A conference on international product safety and environmental compliance is taking place in Vietnam later this year.
The event, organised by the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), will take place from 13-14 May at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Sessions will include understanding product safety regulations, including the US CPSIA and European REACH, testing for product safety compliance, chemical management and sustainability, the Higg Index and Chemical Framework Index.
The aim, the association said, will be to educate overseas factories and suppliers on the numerous regulatory standards, restricted substances lists (RSL), chemical management programmes and sustainability issues required of supply chain operations.
The second day of the event will include a half-day workshop on the negation status of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019