VIETNAM: Industry event on product safety and compliance
A conference on international product safety and environmental compliance is taking place in Vietnam later this year.
The event, organised by the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), will take place from 13-14 May at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Sessions will include understanding product safety regulations, including the US CPSIA and European REACH, testing for product safety compliance, chemical management and sustainability, the Higg Index and Chemical Framework Index.
The aim, the association said, will be to educate overseas factories and suppliers on the numerous regulatory standards, restricted substances lists (RSL), chemical management programmes and sustainability issues required of supply chain operations.
The second day of the event will include a half-day workshop on the negation status of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement.
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019