VIETNAM: Industry event on product safety and compliance
A conference on international product safety and environmental compliance is taking place in Vietnam later this year.
The event, organised by the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), will take place from 13-14 May at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Sessions will include understanding product safety regulations, including the US CPSIA and European REACH, testing for product safety compliance, chemical management and sustainability, the Higg Index and Chemical Framework Index.
The aim, the association said, will be to educate overseas factories and suppliers on the numerous regulatory standards, restricted substances lists (RSL), chemical management programmes and sustainability issues required of supply chain operations.
The second day of the event will include a half-day workshop on the negation status of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024