VIETNAM: Industry event on product safety and compliance
A conference on international product safety and environmental compliance is taking place in Vietnam later this year.
The event, organised by the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), will take place from 13-14 May at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Sessions will include understanding product safety regulations, including the US CPSIA and European REACH, testing for product safety compliance, chemical management and sustainability, the Higg Index and Chemical Framework Index.
The aim, the association said, will be to educate overseas factories and suppliers on the numerous regulatory standards, restricted substances lists (RSL), chemical management programmes and sustainability issues required of supply chain operations.
The second day of the event will include a half-day workshop on the negation status of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects