UK: Industry Forum Launches Designer-Manufacturer Project
The new programme extends the scope of the Industry Forum, which over the past 18 months has successfully completed five projects and currently has 14 live, working with major retailers and their suppliers to improve supply chain performance.
The team will now assess existing designer-manufacturer relationships, process map their business procedures and identify and implement potential areas for improvement.
Ken Watson, director, explains: "Industry Forum provides the perfect platform to assist designers in improving their current business processes. We are pooling all our resources, including contribution from our regional partners to build an effective improvement programme for all the designers. Findings produced through the projects will be shared at a series of forums, the first of which takes place in March at London College of Fashion."
According to Jennifer Williams-Baffoe, Industry Forum project manager, the designer programme is "a focused, continuation of previous work."
"Following the success of initiatives such as the 'Meet the Designer' workshops we ran last year, we felt we could go more in-depth, working with a select number of designers and their suppliers."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Another one-day workshop discussing the methodologies used by Spanish retail giant Zara to achieve its rapid sales growth is to take place in Cary, NC next week....
Supply chain information company Industry Forum is holding a workshop on fast fashion on 30 November 2005, which looks at the example of Spain-based high-street chain Zara's success with high speed to...
A high international turnout at a recent fast fashion forum in the UK has prompted London-based Industry Forum to team up with [TC]² in Cary, North Carolina to hold a 'Zara - Fast Fashion Workshop' in...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts