INDIA: Industry Renews Calls For Abolition Of Ad Valorem Tax
There have been more protests in Maharastra, India from textile traders, processors and weavers calling for the removal of the ad valorem duty structure levied against processed fabrics. Members from the 13 textile associations gather together to call for a reinstatement of the old compound levy system, a system that ministers claim resulted in a drop in duty collections.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth