BRUNEI: Industry Told To Prepare For Exports Slump
18Oct2001 USA: BORNEO BULLETIN - Brunei - Textile industry likely to decrease. Apparel manufacturers in Brunei have been warned to brace themselves for a sharp drop in orders from the United States amid a fall in demand and a weakening global economy. Industry official Awg Hj Ahmad bin Hj Abd Rani issued his stark warning to garment producers and their workers during a seminar titled "Changes in US Trade Policy - Its Impact on Asian Textile and Apparel Entrepreneurs Until 2005 and Beyond".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores