USA: Industry Vet DiPaolo Named COO Of Bernard Chaus
Bernard Chaus, Inc (NYSE:CHS) today announced that it has appointed Nicholas DiPaolo as vice chairman and chief operating officer, a newly created position, effective immediately. Mr DiPaolo has been a member of the board of Bernard Chaus since February 1999.With more than 30 years of experience in the apparel industry, Mr DiPaolo served from 1991 through 1997 as chairman, president and chief executive officer of Salant Corporation, a diversified apparel company whose brands include Perry Ellis men's apparel, which he joined in 1988 as president and chief operating officer. Before his tenure at Salant, Mr DiPaolo held executive positions with a number of apparel and related companies, including Manhattan Industries, a menswear company, and The Villager, a women's sportswear company.Josephine Chaus, chairwoman and CEO, said, "Nick has been a valuable member of our board, and we are delighted he is coming out of retirement to accept this position and help lead the company through its next stage of growth. Nick brings outstanding industry experience and expertise, and we look forward to his insights and contributions as a full-fledged member of our management."Mr DiPaolo said: "I am delighted to join the Chaus team and to work with Josephine, Ivy Karkut and the rest of management to implement programs in all aspects of the business in order to capitalise on growth opportunities. I believe Chaus has excellent potential, and look forward to building on the progress that has been made to best position the company now and in the future."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- 3D CAD comes of age
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack