USA: Industry Vet DiPaolo Named COO Of Bernard Chaus
Bernard Chaus, Inc (NYSE:CHS) today announced that it has appointed Nicholas DiPaolo as vice chairman and chief operating officer, a newly created position, effective immediately. Mr DiPaolo has been a member of the board of Bernard Chaus since February 1999.With more than 30 years of experience in the apparel industry, Mr DiPaolo served from 1991 through 1997 as chairman, president and chief executive officer of Salant Corporation, a diversified apparel company whose brands include Perry Ellis men's apparel, which he joined in 1988 as president and chief operating officer. Before his tenure at Salant, Mr DiPaolo held executive positions with a number of apparel and related companies, including Manhattan Industries, a menswear company, and The Villager, a women's sportswear company.Josephine Chaus, chairwoman and CEO, said, "Nick has been a valuable member of our board, and we are delighted he is coming out of retirement to accept this position and help lead the company through its next stage of growth. Nick brings outstanding industry experience and expertise, and we look forward to his insights and contributions as a full-fledged member of our management."Mr DiPaolo said: "I am delighted to join the Chaus team and to work with Josephine, Ivy Karkut and the rest of management to implement programs in all aspects of the business in order to capitalise on growth opportunities. I believe Chaus has excellent potential, and look forward to building on the progress that has been made to best position the company now and in the future."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020