Infor acquires GT Nexus in $675m deal
Business application software firm Infor has entered into a US$675m deal to acquire cloud-based global commerce platform GT Nexus.
The two companies say the combination of both groups represents the future of multi-enterprise manufacturing and commerce.
Through the acquisition, retail and fashion companies will be able to collaborate and coordinate across their full line of suppliers through a single global order management system, and integrate merchandising, marketing, and demand data instead of extrapolating forecasts for improved sales, operations, and production planning.
"Together, Infor and GT Nexus will provide customers with unprecedented visibility into their supply chains to manage production and monitor goods in transit and at rest," said Charles Phillips, CEO of Infor. "In a complex, high velocity supply chain, all partners need to know what was ordered, when it was built, where it is in transit, if the order has changed, and has it cleared customs. Specialisation and speed are moving the future of manufacturing into the commerce cloud."
GT Nexus provides a global order management system that coordinates commerce across partners. It allows retail, fashion, and manufacturing companies to collaborate with suppliers to manage and optimise shipments to customers, distribution centres, and retail outlets to meet demand.
Its customers include Adidas, Caterpillar, Columbia Sportswear, Levi Strauss & Co., Procter & Gamble, and UPS.
Infor is one of the world’s leading suppliers of ERP software, which helps manufacturing companies orchestrate production. It has around 3,200 fashion and retail customers, many of which use GT Nexus.
Infor CloudSuite industry suites, including Infor CloudSuite Fashion, are multi-tenant applications tailored by industry, and delivered on Amazon Web Services.
The deal is expected to close within 45 days, pending regulatory approval.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022