Infor buys Starmount to drive new retail software
US-based cloud software provider Infor has completed its acquisition of retail software developer Starmount, in a move that will help accelerate delivery of its new Infor CloudSuite Retail enterprise applications.
The company first announced the deal at Inforum, its annual user conference, in July.
Starmount provides point-of-sale, mobile shopping assistant, and store inventory management products along with a data-rich commerce hub to engage shoppers, streamline operations, and support consistent cross-channel customer interactions.
Infor is investing heavily in products that help retailers meet the new demands of the industry, including converged commerce, the next step after omni-channel, in which retailers use a single selling system for all consumer interactions.
According to the software provider, not only does converged commerce improve the customer experience with accurate and timely information across all touchpoints, but it's also cheaper to operate, avoiding many of the costly integrations necessary with traditional omni-channel approaches.
Texas-based Starmount experienced 41% year-over-year growth in 2015 and counts among its customers Abercrombie & Fitch, Burlington Coat Factory, Perry Ellis, and Urban Outfitters.
Terms of the deal are not being disclosed. It follows Infor's recent acquisitions of the GT Nexus global commerce platform and Predictix for demand management.
Business softwear supplier Infor is planning to ramp up its growth after securing a $2bn investment from private equity firm Koch Equity Development....
India-based branded hosiery specialist Dixcy Textiles is deploying a new ERP system to help enhance its core business processes and employee user experience....
Global lifestyle retailer Cath Kidston is implementing a cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to help support its global operations and underpin international growth....
Hong Kong based manufacturing giant TAL Apparel Limited is implementing a cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to help support an agile business model targeting high-end brands....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack