US: Infor Fashion PLM helps speed up style schedules
Infor's new Fashion Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) application has been developed with what the company describes as a "fresh approach" to help brands, manufacturers and private label retailers develop styles more quickly and efficiently.
The newest addition to the Infor Fashion suite links vital areas of product development to the supply chain, from line planning, design, development and sourcing, to production, inventory management, customers and distribution.
The result is a tool - Infor Fashion PLM - that helps supports the design workflow, new product development cycle, and streamlines the overall planning process.
According to details released today (19 February), every line of code has been developed using the latest technologies to give a platform that helps "all members of an organisation's value chain innovate faster, respond more rapidly and act more decisively," explains Infor's global industry fashion director Robert McKee.
"These tools are critical to companies looking to succeed in a fast-paced global fashion value chain," he adds
The new platform is intended to serve as the hub for a product development team, with each collection, style and its components accessed through an intuitive user interface.
Many common and time-consuming repetitive tasks have also been automated, allowing fashion designers to focus on being more creative and innovative.
"By bringing creative, technical and commercial skills closer together, an organisation can drastically shorten the time to market - while increasing the likelihood of consumer acceptance," McKee adds.
"This also lowers costs and reduces errors, giving teams more time to focus on critical tasks and accelerate product innovation."
The new application can interact with both Infor and third-party enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems so that designs can be communicated through every phase of development, production and distribution to the end customer.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Design, innovation, development and sourcing business The S Group has selected CGS's BlueCherry ERP and PLM solutions to increase visibility and efficiency across all of its departments....
Spanish footwear manufacturer Mascaró has selected Centric Software's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to enhance visibility and increase efficiency throughout its product development proce...
RLM Apparel Software Systems has added new and enhanced capabilities to its FashionManager enterprise software solution, designed to accelerate business processes and improve operational efficiencies....
Spanish fashion brand Encuentro Moda has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM to help improve speed to market for its apparel and accessory lines....
Royal Blue brand owner and private label producer BM Merchandising Co (BM Group) is implementing Simparel's cloud-based enterprise solution to support its growth and streamline operations....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape