UK: Initial Wins Bass Sole Supply Textile Deal
A major contract to supply a comprehensive range of textile services to all Bass Leisure Retail Outlets throughout the UK has been awarded to Initial Textile Services.The seven-figure sole supply deal involves the provision of chef's wear, table and bed linen together with washroom products to all Bass pubs, restaurants and the Express by Holiday Inn hotel chain. In excess of 2.4 million items of linen will be supplied during the two-year contract.Bass is thought to be the first major UK leisure retailer to appoint a sole supplier for its entire textile and washroom service equipment. Initial will provide specially designed and manufactured workwear garments to reflect all Bass sub-brands including All Bar One and Harvester.Nick Andrews, trading manager, operational services at Bass says that establishing a single source of supply for the vast range of items required will make the logistics of running the business far easier.Initial Textile Services is already investing around £500,000 on new plant to meet the increase in volume expected. In addition, a bespoke IT programme is being developed which will give daily feedback to Bass head office, providing total access to vital management information.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020