UK: Initial Wins Bass Sole Supply Textile Deal
A major contract to supply a comprehensive range of textile services to all Bass Leisure Retail Outlets throughout the UK has been awarded to Initial Textile Services.The seven-figure sole supply deal involves the provision of chef's wear, table and bed linen together with washroom products to all Bass pubs, restaurants and the Express by Holiday Inn hotel chain. In excess of 2.4 million items of linen will be supplied during the two-year contract.Bass is thought to be the first major UK leisure retailer to appoint a sole supplier for its entire textile and washroom service equipment. Initial will provide specially designed and manufactured workwear garments to reflect all Bass sub-brands including All Bar One and Harvester.Nick Andrews, trading manager, operational services at Bass says that establishing a single source of supply for the vast range of items required will make the logistics of running the business far easier.Initial Textile Services is already investing around £500,000 on new plant to meet the increase in volume expected. In addition, a bespoke IT programme is being developed which will give daily feedback to Bass head office, providing total access to vital management information.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack