UK: Initial Wins Bass Sole Supply Textile Deal
A major contract to supply a comprehensive range of textile services to all Bass Leisure Retail Outlets throughout the UK has been awarded to Initial Textile Services.The seven-figure sole supply deal involves the provision of chef's wear, table and bed linen together with washroom products to all Bass pubs, restaurants and the Express by Holiday Inn hotel chain. In excess of 2.4 million items of linen will be supplied during the two-year contract.Bass is thought to be the first major UK leisure retailer to appoint a sole supplier for its entire textile and washroom service equipment. Initial will provide specially designed and manufactured workwear garments to reflect all Bass sub-brands including All Bar One and Harvester.Nick Andrews, trading manager, operational services at Bass says that establishing a single source of supply for the vast range of items required will make the logistics of running the business far easier.Initial Textile Services is already investing around £500,000 on new plant to meet the increase in volume expected. In addition, a bespoke IT programme is being developed which will give daily feedback to Bass head office, providing total access to vital management information.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts