DENMARK: Initiative seeks sustainable textile innovations
Game-changing innovations with the potential to transform the textile sector and a focus on sustainability are being sought as part of a new challenge backed by companies including Nike and Ikea.
Of particular interest are closed loop solutions and design for disassembly; cleaner manufacturing and green chemistry; sustainable investments and procurement; and innovations that engage the end-user.
The Launch Nordic Innovation Challenge 2014 is seeking ideas with potential to scale in two years, as well as game-changing early stage technologies and prototypes. They may be business models, financial instruments, technologies or programmes that accelerate research, education and capacity building.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experts, and the top-ten innovators will be selected to participate in the Launch Nordic Forum, where they will present their ideas to industry stakeholders, materials experts, business and governmental leaders and investors.
Launch Nordic has been created in collaboration with Launch, a strategic collaboration between Nike NASA, the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the US Department of State.
The core collaborators are Nordic-based companies Ikea, Novozymes, Kvadrat, as well as the Global Green Growth Forum, the Danish EPA, and the Fund for Green Business Development.
Click here to read more about the Launch Nordic Challenge or to submit an innovation for consideration.
Companies: Nike Inc
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
2013 was marked by a strong investment by Nike in the Portuguese territory. Beyond the opening of important stores, Nike has been dedicated to increasing its penetration throughout a vigorous marketin...
Nike Poland has a strong position on the Polish apparel market and it is expected that its share will increase further in the forecast period. The company will continue to be positioned as a premium b...
Nike Turkiye AS endorses various sports, such as the Nike Run Istanbul and Nike Turkey Made by Movement campaigns in 2013. Nike used Nike Run Istanbul to get a non-running nation thinking and talking ...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Vietnam – Are we too late to the party?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- H&M commits to DBL Group's new Ethiopia factory
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals