DENMARK: Initiative seeks sustainable textile innovations
Game-changing innovations with the potential to transform the textile sector and a focus on sustainability are being sought as part of a new challenge backed by companies including Nike and Ikea.
Of particular interest are closed loop solutions and design for disassembly; cleaner manufacturing and green chemistry; sustainable investments and procurement; and innovations that engage the end-user.
The Launch Nordic Innovation Challenge 2014 is seeking ideas with potential to scale in two years, as well as game-changing early stage technologies and prototypes. They may be business models, financial instruments, technologies or programmes that accelerate research, education and capacity building.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experts, and the top-ten innovators will be selected to participate in the Launch Nordic Forum, where they will present their ideas to industry stakeholders, materials experts, business and governmental leaders and investors.
Launch Nordic has been created in collaboration with Launch, a strategic collaboration between Nike NASA, the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the US Department of State.
The core collaborators are Nordic-based companies Ikea, Novozymes, Kvadrat, as well as the Global Green Growth Forum, the Danish EPA, and the Fund for Green Business Development.
Click here to read more about the Launch Nordic Challenge or to submit an innovation for consideration.
Companies: Nike Inc
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras