UK: Innovation in fabric design key to success
Innovation and destinctive designs will be key to the success of fabric companies at the Textile Forum this year.
The Textile Forum will bring together a range of fabrics from leading British and Continental Suppliers for the designer market.
"In today's tough trading climate, it will be those companies that are not afraid to introduce innovative and distinctive collections that will fare better than those trying to battle for market share in the middle ground," said organiser Linda Laderman.
"This season, Textile Forum exhibitors have enlarged their collections and some have introduced more expensive ranges as designers and buyers search for the individuality that will keep consumer interest high."
New exhibitors include are John Boyd Textiles, one of the last weavers of horsehair fabrics in the world, online outlet Trims and Beyond, and The Woolmark Company, which will be promoting the use of Merino wool, including Cool Wool for spring/summer.
Other exhibitors include: Acorn Fabrics, Alan Litman, Basinghall UK, Bennett Silks, Bernstein & Banleys, Bradshaw & Bradshaw, Carrington Fleet Textiles, Denholme, EQS, G H Leathers, Graham Smith, Henry Bertrand, Holland & Sherry, J T Knitting, James Hare, John Kaldor, Laurent Garigue Partnership, Michael's Bridal Fabrics, Pongees, Ringhart, Ruffo Coli Tessuti, Schwarzschild Ochs, Solstiss and The National Weaving Co.
The forum will be held on 7-8 March at the Music Room in London.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack