USA: inshop.com And Elle Magazine Promotion Boosts New Members
Over the course of eight weeks, three out of 10 referred consumers converted to inshop members, resulting in a new member conversion rate of 30%. Additionally, during the course of the promotion, nearly 20% of inshop's membership base actively participated in the promotion, proving that inshop members are loyal to the shopping information service and want to spread the word to their friends.
The program, which was promoted in the May and June issues of ELLE and its premier edition of eELLE, was part of inshop's "spiral marketing" initiative to acquire new members.
"Viral marketing sounds like something that's very distasteful and so we took the opportunity to put our own personal spin on it with our Share the Scoop promotion," said Veronique Bardach, CEO and Founder of inshop. "We wanted to make the promotion fun for ELLE readers and for our members. We never fully realized the power of viral marketing until we gave it a spin--hence the term "spiral marketing."
ELLE's Senior VP/publisher Carl Portale added: "By working exclusively with inshop, ELLE demonstrated the power of its readership by responding to this innovative program, "Share the Scoop," especially through the magazine's first edition of eELLE--which was specifically designed by ELLE's editors to provide modern, affluent women with the ultimate guide to the Web."
Based in Manhattan, New York, inshop.com (AOL Keyword: inshop) is a free, consumer and retailer source for local shopping and fashion-related information. Shoppers visiting inshop on the web or soon via a 24-hour toll-free automated telephone service can obtain detailed information, updated daily, on current fashion-related, sale and promotional events happening in their favorite retail stores, online or through catalogs. inshop provides shopping information specific to 52 cities and to more than 100,000 members.
For more information about inshop.com and its services, visit the company's World Wide Web site at www.inshop.com
About ELLE Magazine
With 32 editions around the world, ELLE claims to be the world's number one fashion magazine, reaching nearly four million readers each month in the US alone. With its fresh take on fashion, beauty and accessories, ELLE is the most thorough shopper's guide to the whole season and every trend. And, with bold, vibrant visuals and cutting-edge photojournalism, ELLE provides up-to-the-minute information for today's modern, affluent consumer.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts