UK: 'Intelligent' thread calculation software launched
A new software tool that helps manufacturers calculate the right amount of thread needed for a production run, and also monitor the efficiency of raw materials usage, has been launched.
A joint collaboration between thread manufacturer Amann and GSD, developer of the GSD costing and productivity solution, the ITC software module is said to provide an accurate measurement of thread demand.
It calculates thread demand per style based on a number of parameters, including BSI/ISO stitch classifications, stitch density, width of bite, material thickness, seam length, and end of seam wastage.
ITC can be used as a stand-alone application or as a fully integrated module within GSD Enterprise & GSD Quest, and provides total thread demand per operation and total thread cost per style and order. It also has a standard PLM interface via data export so that thread details and costs may be incorporated into Bill of Materials.
"ITC is a product borne from a mutual will to bring benefit to the pre-production costing process and will form an important element in cost control, lean manufacturing and Product Life-Cycle Management," says Paul Timson, managing director at GSD.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Featured research from just-style's research store this week includes a look at apparel specialist retailers in Greece, strategies for sustainability in the global apparel industry and a report on the...
Supply chain collaboration platform TradeCard yesterday (29 March) announced a partnership with PLM supplier Technia to extend its trade platform in Europe. ...
Chinese children's wear producer and distributor Les Enphants has implemented Lectra Fashion PLM. ...
Software solutions provider Visual 2000 has launched an on-demand training tool that provides clients with access to exclusive, remote training classes focused on their specific needs....
Singletree Technologies has released a new version of its Intellimas software application which is aimed at helping retailers and wholesalers in the fashion industry manage data and reduce the number ...
Custom and embellished team sportswear manufacturer GTM Sportswear has selected NGC's Extended PLM software to improve its supply chain execution....
Global luxury brand Diane von Furstenberg is replacing its existing product lifecycle management (PLM) system with BlueCherry Infinity PLM from Computer Generated Solutions as its platform for global ...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar