UK: Interest grows in collapsed clothing chain Republic
Ernst & Young said more than ten parties are interested in buying Republic
More than ten parties have expressed interest in buying the collapsed youth fashion retailer Republic less than a week after it was forced to call in the administrators and lay off 150 employees.
"We have over ten interested parties," a spokesperson for administrators Ernst & Young told just-style today (19 February).
The Leeds-based clothing chain, which was owned by private equity group TPG, fell into administration last Wednesday after suffering a rapid decline in sales.
Ernst & Young last week said it would continue to trade Republic, with a view to selling the business as a going concern. The administrators have since called in restructuring specialist Gordon Brothers to help run the business.
Republic has also launched a clearance sale in its 121 stores across the UK.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Marks & Spencer Plan A director Richard Gillies is to leave the retailer next month, and will be replaced by the company's head of sustainable business, Mike Barry....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
Declines in clothing sales at Marks and Spencer allegedly slowed during July. ...
Speakers from Marks & Spencer and Asos have been lined up for a forthcoming consumer-focused conference in the UK....
- Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report