UK: Interest grows in collapsed clothing chain Republic
Ernst & Young said more than ten parties are interested in buying Republic
More than ten parties have expressed interest in buying the collapsed youth fashion retailer Republic less than a week after it was forced to call in the administrators and lay off 150 employees.
"We have over ten interested parties," a spokesperson for administrators Ernst & Young told just-style today (19 February).
The Leeds-based clothing chain, which was owned by private equity group TPG, fell into administration last Wednesday after suffering a rapid decline in sales.
Ernst & Young last week said it would continue to trade Republic, with a view to selling the business as a going concern. The administrators have since called in restructuring specialist Gordon Brothers to help run the business.
Republic has also launched a clearance sale in its 121 stores across the UK.
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Marks & Spencer Plan A director Richard Gillies is to leave the retailer next month, and will be replaced by the company's head of sustainable business, Mike Barry....
Declines in clothing sales at Marks and Spencer allegedly slowed during July. ...
Speakers from Marks & Spencer and Asos have been lined up for a forthcoming consumer-focused conference in the UK....
UK online clothing retailer Asos has appointed former Marks & Spencer executive Ian Dyson as a senior independent and non-executive director....
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at PVH setting out its succession plan, Hudson's Bay's acquisition of Saks, and a report on the use of mobile phones to monitor labour abus...
Spanish fashion retail business Grupo Cortefiel is entering the US market this September, part of a planned expansion in association with the Al Hokair Fashion Retail group....
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Factory funding gap has mixed impact in Myanmar
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Intertek takes garment inspections to Myanmar
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020