USA: Interim GM For Columbia's Sorel Division
International outdoor apparel and footwear manufacturer Columbia Sportswear Company (Nasdaq:COLM) has appointed Bill Berta as interim general manager of the company's Sorel division. Berta joined Columbia Sportswear in 1996 as manager of footwear sales for the United States. He will manage the sales and product direction of the Sorel brand while maintaining his current responsibilities as manager of Columbia's US footwear sales. "Thanks to Bill's efforts, Columbia has experienced dramatic growth in its footwear business," said Bob Masin, general merchandising manager. "His expertise will be essential in growing the Sorel business, while providing continuity between the management of the Columbia Sportswear and Sorel brands." Prior to joining Columbia Sportswear, Berta worked for Wolverine as key account manager and was the national sales manager for Hi-Tech Sports. Columbia acquired the Sorel trademark rights, associated brand names and other related intellectual property rights for approximately $8 million in cash. The transaction closed September 22, 2000, and Columbia intends to offer a limited group of Sorel's key styles for fall 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020