USA: Interim GM For Columbia's Sorel Division
International outdoor apparel and footwear manufacturer Columbia Sportswear Company (Nasdaq:COLM) has appointed Bill Berta as interim general manager of the company's Sorel division. Berta joined Columbia Sportswear in 1996 as manager of footwear sales for the United States. He will manage the sales and product direction of the Sorel brand while maintaining his current responsibilities as manager of Columbia's US footwear sales. "Thanks to Bill's efforts, Columbia has experienced dramatic growth in its footwear business," said Bob Masin, general merchandising manager. "His expertise will be essential in growing the Sorel business, while providing continuity between the management of the Columbia Sportswear and Sorel brands." Prior to joining Columbia Sportswear, Berta worked for Wolverine as key account manager and was the national sales manager for Hi-Tech Sports. Columbia acquired the Sorel trademark rights, associated brand names and other related intellectual property rights for approximately $8 million in cash. The transaction closed September 22, 2000, and Columbia intends to offer a limited group of Sorel's key styles for fall 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report