USA: Interim GM For Columbia's Sorel Division
International outdoor apparel and footwear manufacturer Columbia Sportswear Company (Nasdaq:COLM) has appointed Bill Berta as interim general manager of the company's Sorel division. Berta joined Columbia Sportswear in 1996 as manager of footwear sales for the United States. He will manage the sales and product direction of the Sorel brand while maintaining his current responsibilities as manager of Columbia's US footwear sales. "Thanks to Bill's efforts, Columbia has experienced dramatic growth in its footwear business," said Bob Masin, general merchandising manager. "His expertise will be essential in growing the Sorel business, while providing continuity between the management of the Columbia Sportswear and Sorel brands." Prior to joining Columbia Sportswear, Berta worked for Wolverine as key account manager and was the national sales manager for Hi-Tech Sports. Columbia acquired the Sorel trademark rights, associated brand names and other related intellectual property rights for approximately $8 million in cash. The transaction closed September 22, 2000, and Columbia intends to offer a limited group of Sorel's key styles for fall 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar