USA: Interim GM For Columbia's Sorel Division
International outdoor apparel and footwear manufacturer Columbia Sportswear Company (Nasdaq:COLM) has appointed Bill Berta as interim general manager of the company's Sorel division. Berta joined Columbia Sportswear in 1996 as manager of footwear sales for the United States. He will manage the sales and product direction of the Sorel brand while maintaining his current responsibilities as manager of Columbia's US footwear sales. "Thanks to Bill's efforts, Columbia has experienced dramatic growth in its footwear business," said Bob Masin, general merchandising manager. "His expertise will be essential in growing the Sorel business, while providing continuity between the management of the Columbia Sportswear and Sorel brands." Prior to joining Columbia Sportswear, Berta worked for Wolverine as key account manager and was the national sales manager for Hi-Tech Sports. Columbia acquired the Sorel trademark rights, associated brand names and other related intellectual property rights for approximately $8 million in cash. The transaction closed September 22, 2000, and Columbia intends to offer a limited group of Sorel's key styles for fall 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022