UK: Internacionale receives buyer interest?
High street fashion retailer Internacionale, which entered into administration last month, has received interest from several potential buyers, just-style understands.
The chain, which operates 89 stores across the UK and employs around 1,000 staff, has fallen into administration three times, the first in 2008 and the second in July last year.
Bruce Cartwright, Lyn Vardy and Toby Underwood of PricewaterhouseCoopers were appointed as joint administrators of Internacionale last week.
It is understood PwC has received interest from several parties to purchase parts or a share of the Internacionale portfolio, but not for the whole company.
The administrators, however, declined to comment when contacted by just-style.
Earlier this year, the owner of Internacionale had hired advisers to produce a turnaround and contingency plan in a bid to secure support for the business until late March, when the company's ongoing viability would be reassessed. As part of this exercise, 90 redundancies were made, mostly at its head office.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019