UK: Internacionale receives buyer interest?
High street fashion retailer Internacionale, which entered into administration last month, has received interest from several potential buyers, just-style understands.
The chain, which operates 89 stores across the UK and employs around 1,000 staff, has fallen into administration three times, the first in 2008 and the second in July last year.
Bruce Cartwright, Lyn Vardy and Toby Underwood of PricewaterhouseCoopers were appointed as joint administrators of Internacionale last week.
It is understood PwC has received interest from several parties to purchase parts or a share of the Internacionale portfolio, but not for the whole company.
The administrators, however, declined to comment when contacted by just-style.
Earlier this year, the owner of Internacionale had hired advisers to produce a turnaround and contingency plan in a bid to secure support for the business until late March, when the company's ongoing viability would be reassessed. As part of this exercise, 90 redundancies were made, mostly at its head office.
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies