BELGIUM: International Cotton Convention Proposed
A new multilateral agreement is needed to promote sustainable cultivation and production of cotton products. And establishing this 'International Cotton Convention' should be one the priorities of the cotton industry's policy agenda. This was the view put across by Dr M.R. Scheffer, director of Noéton Knowledge Management BV, in his speech to the Annual Assembly of Eurocoton (the Committee of the Cotton and Allied Textile Industries of the EU) in Brussels earlier this week. He argued that the world is heading towards a shortage of fibre and water by 2010, and that the serious environmental impacts of cotton cultivation must be addressed in order to guarantee its pre-eminence as a global fibre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts