ITALY: International growth boosts Moncler Q1
- Q1 earnings up 43.3%
- Gross margin widens to 72.3%
- Sales climb 16%
Luxury apparel group Moncler saw earnings and sales climb in its first-quarter thanks to double-digit revenue growth across its international markets.
Earnings in the three months to the end of March totaled EUR23.5m (US$32.2m), a 43.3% increase on the prior year period. The 2013 figure included net losses from discontinued operations of EUR3.3m.
Gross margin in the period widened to 72.3% from 71% last year. The improvement was due chiefly to the development of the group's retail channel.
Net sales in the quarter climbed 16% to EUR145.5m from EUR125.6m a year earlier, while comparable store sales grew 10%.
Revenues were boosted by double-digit growth in all of Moncler's international markets. In particular, Asia recorded revenue growth of 42% due to strong growth in both the Japanese and Chinese markets.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details