JAPAN: International Push For Uniqlo
Tadashi Yanai, founder and president of Fast Retailing, told Kyodo News that he plans to expand the popular Uniqlo chain internationally. "We plan to open new stores domestically at an annual pace of 100 outlets and expand abroad starting with three to four stores in London this autumn. "In the future, we want to enter all major markets worldwide, including the United States and France," Yanai said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores