USA: International Textile Vet Moves To ClickTex.com
ClickTex.com, the business-to-business Internet market for the textile industry, today announced that former G.H. Michell (US) president, Barry Savage, has joined the company as a senior director of the exchange relations team. "We are very excited to have Barry join our rapidly growing team," said Ross Henderson, chief executive officer of ClickTex.com. "His experience in international market development, sales and marketing management and production management will be immediately employed as ClickTex continues its rapid expansion. "We are honored that someone of Barry's caliber has joined our ranks, and we look forward to the key contributions he will make to our team." Barry was most recently the president of G.H. Michell (US) Inc, the wool and leather trading and processing company, and was responsible for all operations of the Michell Group in the Americas. During his tenure at Michell, Barry also held positions as GM Eastern Europe/USSR/Europe/Scandinavia operations, GM Penny's Spinning and Knitting Mills and GM Woolscourers, as well as several production and technical management positions. "Without question, the business-to-business Net markets hold the potential to revolutionize the purchase and supply chain dynamics on a scale not dissimilar to the impact that the Industrial Revolution had on the production of textiles," said Savage. "There are virtually no boundaries for this new medium of exchange of goods and information. I am extremely excited to have the opportunity to be a part of establishing and writing history with the ClickTex.com team."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective