SWITZERLAND: Intersport expands to China with New Huadu
European sportswear retailer IIC-Intersport International Corporation (IIC) is to expand into China under a new franchise deal agreed with Fujian New Huadu Supercenter Co.
The plans are to open 80 to 100 multi-sport/multi-brand stores in South China from the middle of next year, both under the direction of New Huadu Supercenter as well as with sub-franchise partners. The stores will sell Intersport's private label products.
The Intersport Group has a turnover of more than EUR9.9bn (US$12.9bn) and currently operates 5,400 specialist sports stores in Europe, Canada and the Middle East. In 2010 it expanded to South Korea, with a goal of opening 500 shops in Asia by 2022.
"It is our goal to become market leader in multi-sports, multi-brand retailing in the Asian-Pacific region within the next ten years," said Franz Julen, CEO of IIC-Intersport.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar