VIETNAM: Intertek opens apparel and textile testing lab
Intertek has opened a new apparel and textiles testing laboratory in Hanoi to support the growing industry in the northern part of Vietnam.
The 6,000 sq ft lab will perform textile testing for dimensional stability, colour-fastness and seam strength, among others.
Intertek said the location of the facility is a "major advantage" as it helps to reduce travel time for samples to be tested and significantly improves the turnaround time of producing testing reports.
Thanh Nam Nguyen, general manager for softlines, hardlines and toys business lines, said: "The addition of the Hanoi facility aligns with Intertek's continuous effort to provide a local presence for our customers, wherever their business operations are located.
"This provides a distinct competitive advantage in an industry where getting safe and high-quality products to market is imperative for success."
The lab also supports full testing capabilities to US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) requirements and restricted substances regulations.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Temperature control key to successful seam sealing
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Intertek takes garment inspections to Myanmar
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020