VIETNAM: Intertek opens apparel and textile testing lab
Intertek has opened a new apparel and textiles testing laboratory in Hanoi to support the growing industry in the northern part of Vietnam.
The 6,000 sq ft lab will perform textile testing for dimensional stability, colour-fastness and seam strength, among others.
Intertek said the location of the facility is a "major advantage" as it helps to reduce travel time for samples to be tested and significantly improves the turnaround time of producing testing reports.
Thanh Nam Nguyen, general manager for softlines, hardlines and toys business lines, said: "The addition of the Hanoi facility aligns with Intertek's continuous effort to provide a local presence for our customers, wherever their business operations are located.
"This provides a distinct competitive advantage in an industry where getting safe and high-quality products to market is imperative for success."
The lab also supports full testing capabilities to US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) requirements and restricted substances regulations.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015