VIETNAM: Intertek opens apparel and textile testing lab
Intertek has opened a new apparel and textiles testing laboratory in Hanoi to support the growing industry in the northern part of Vietnam.
The 6,000 sq ft lab will perform textile testing for dimensional stability, colour-fastness and seam strength, among others.
Intertek said the location of the facility is a "major advantage" as it helps to reduce travel time for samples to be tested and significantly improves the turnaround time of producing testing reports.
Thanh Nam Nguyen, general manager for softlines, hardlines and toys business lines, said: "The addition of the Hanoi facility aligns with Intertek's continuous effort to provide a local presence for our customers, wherever their business operations are located.
"This provides a distinct competitive advantage in an industry where getting safe and high-quality products to market is imperative for success."
The lab also supports full testing capabilities to US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) requirements and restricted substances regulations.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change