VIETNAM: Intertek opens apparel and textile testing lab
Intertek has opened a new apparel and textiles testing laboratory in Hanoi to support the growing industry in the northern part of Vietnam.
The 6,000 sq ft lab will perform textile testing for dimensional stability, colour-fastness and seam strength, among others.
Intertek said the location of the facility is a "major advantage" as it helps to reduce travel time for samples to be tested and significantly improves the turnaround time of producing testing reports.
Thanh Nam Nguyen, general manager for softlines, hardlines and toys business lines, said: "The addition of the Hanoi facility aligns with Intertek's continuous effort to provide a local presence for our customers, wherever their business operations are located.
"This provides a distinct competitive advantage in an industry where getting safe and high-quality products to market is imperative for success."
The lab also supports full testing capabilities to US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) requirements and restricted substances regulations.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019