VIETNAM: Intertek opens apparel and textile testing lab
Intertek has opened a new apparel and textiles testing laboratory in Hanoi to support the growing industry in the northern part of Vietnam.
The 6,000 sq ft lab will perform textile testing for dimensional stability, colour-fastness and seam strength, among others.
Intertek said the location of the facility is a "major advantage" as it helps to reduce travel time for samples to be tested and significantly improves the turnaround time of producing testing reports.
Thanh Nam Nguyen, general manager for softlines, hardlines and toys business lines, said: "The addition of the Hanoi facility aligns with Intertek's continuous effort to provide a local presence for our customers, wherever their business operations are located.
"This provides a distinct competitive advantage in an industry where getting safe and high-quality products to market is imperative for success."
The lab also supports full testing capabilities to US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) requirements and restricted substances regulations.
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- China undisputed giant of garment exports
- Australian brands lack supply chain visibility
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Nepal earthquake prompts Bangladesh factory checks
- Authentic Brands acquires Jones New York
- Quiksilver shareholder calls for sale