CHINA: Intertextile Beijing Apparel Fabrics to relocate to Shanghai
The Intertextile Beijing Apparel Fabrics show is to be re-named and relocated from next year.
The event will will now be held in Shanghai starting in 2014 and will take place from 3-5 March. It will be called Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics - spring edition, and will take place at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center.
The Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics - autumn edition will remain unchanged.
Located at the centre of the Yangtze River Delta textile manufacturing hub, Shanghai is seen as an ideal geographical location for the trade fair.
"In addition to the added convenience for local suppliers, a strong overseas visitor and exhibitor presence is expected due to the large numbers of international textile companies who have offices in the city and manufacturing plants in surrounding areas," adds Wendy Wen, senior general manager of organiser Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd.
"Having the fair in Shanghai allows us to hold it in the first half of March, which is the preference of our stakeholders as this is the peak sourcing time in spring," Wen added.
"We are sure that this added convenience will lead to more opportunities for both exhibitors and visitors at the fair."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report