VENEZUELA: Introduces fair prices law to fight inflation
The Venezuelan Government and 17 private companies have signed a deal to establish fair prices for garments and household goods.
The Organic Law of Fair Prices, which came into effect on 23 January, was approved last week by President Nicolas Maduro as a tool to address speculation that companies were selling items at prices up to 2,000% more than their real value.
"I want us to value in its right place this step we are taking concerning the Organic Law of Fair Prices," said Maduro. "This law is not to fear but to win, to work and is part of the body of laws to construct a new domestic economic, productive, diversified, inclusive order. Steps we are taking are at a good pace, they are gradually showing that it is correct to apply new rules so that everyone wins."
Maduro stressed the actions are necessary to "return the economy to normal" and achieve "a balance of productive forces" in order to "gain social equality and prosperity for the country".
The Fair Prices law sets a maximum upper limit of 30% on production cost to ensure fair prices.
Synopsis Canadean's "Timberland LLC: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ke...
Zara Japan Corp continues to expand the presence of Zara and its sister brand Bershka. Two more brands were introduced into the Japanese market in 2013 and 2014 – Zara Home and Stradivarius. The compa...
Zara Österreich Clothing GmbH is expected to follow its strategy of expansion in Austria over the forecast period. This is influenced by the strategy of its parent company, Inditex, which invests in o...
Zara Hellas plans to maintain its network, following a period of general rationalisation of all Inditex brands in Greece, which reduced its number of outlets. At the same time the company will continu...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- FOCUS: Topshop suffers a setback in Japan
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide