VENEZUELA: Introduces fair prices law to fight inflation
The Venezuelan Government and 17 private companies have signed a deal to establish fair prices for garments and household goods.
The Organic Law of Fair Prices, which came into effect on 23 January, was approved last week by President Nicolas Maduro as a tool to address speculation that companies were selling items at prices up to 2,000% more than their real value.
"I want us to value in its right place this step we are taking concerning the Organic Law of Fair Prices," said Maduro. "This law is not to fear but to win, to work and is part of the body of laws to construct a new domestic economic, productive, diversified, inclusive order. Steps we are taking are at a good pace, they are gradually showing that it is correct to apply new rules so that everyone wins."
Maduro stressed the actions are necessary to "return the economy to normal" and achieve "a balance of productive forces" in order to "gain social equality and prosperity for the country".
The Fair Prices law sets a maximum upper limit of 30% on production cost to ensure fair prices.
Zara Japan Corp continues to expand the presence of Zara and its sister brand Bershka. Two more brands were introduced into the Japanese market in 2013 and 2014 – Zara Home and Stradivarius. The compa...
Production has resumed at a footwear factory in Vietnam, which supplies sporting goods majors Adidas, Puma and Asics, after workers took part in a six-day strike over new social insurance legislation....
Zara Österreich Clothing GmbH is expected to follow its strategy of expansion in Austria over the forecast period. This is influenced by the strategy of its parent company, Inditex, which invests in o...
Zara Ceska Republica focuses on high quality and stylish menswear and womenswear, complemented by apparel accessories and footwear in line with the latest fashion trends. It also caters to consumers w...
Major footwear manufacturer Pou Chen Group, which supplies Adidas and Nike, is in discussions with the Vietnamese government to address worker concerns at its Pou Yuen factory, which resulted in strik...
Zara focuses on mid-priced products in Russia. The key for manufacturers is that this approach enables Russian buyers to feel involved in the world of high fashion but at an affordable level. The perc...
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis